Favorite Genre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
What is your favorite Gaming Genre and why?

Mine is probably MMORPG even though I'm pretty picky when it comes to them. One of oldest games I still play today is Oldschool Runescape. I've been playing that since around 2005 and still play it a lot. I also constantly look at new MMO's that come out, and try out all of them, or at least try to. I enjoy how you can play with eachother, the different classes, and in most the story behind them.

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
RTS games, Been playing them since 2003 and never got bored of them, too much strategic depth and stuff. Especially good old Warcraft 3.

I just like controlling armies and use armies and strategic knowledge (mixed with reflexes and multitasking). In MOBA games i prefer playing control characters that summon other characters.

Pure

God of Gaming
RPG/Shooter. It's a tie between them both as I have my days where I could play Final Fantasy ALL day long and on others blowing peoples heads off for fun. Ultimately, I'll play any genre except MOBA.

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
RPG/Shooter. It's a tie between them both as I have my days where I could play Final Fantasy ALL day long and on others blowing peoples heads off for fun. Ultimately, I'll play any genre except MOBA.
So, you're probably a huge fan of destiny seeing as it's an RPG Shooter right?

MOBA's are a high second place for me tbh. I've been playing League since 2009(or 10) I believe.

MaestroC96

God of Gaming
Story-based Shooter or MOBA
I like Story-based shooter the most but good ones are very few so overall the genre that catches my eye is MOBA.
I even love games like LIMBO & INSIDE but haven't played similar games of that genre.

Elocrypt

God of Gaming
It's a toss up between two.

My favorites would be MMORPGs and Indie games (these tend to be pixel based platformers and rogue-like).

MMORPGs are adventurous and complex but simple at the same time. They give you option and paths which you can take for different outcomes, it tends to be satisfying. I enjoy being able to play with others, it really brings the world to life. Having the ability to do professions and make use of your time doing odd-jobs to help yourself and other progress through the game seems semi-rewarding and realistic. The ability to create a character how you want and customize them, build them, to your limited options is fun.

Indie as they tell a story or are challenging in a unique way. The art styles are unique and satisfying, they bring meaning and emotion to the story and its world. They tend to be rogue-like and those are fun to me. They very in advanced to simplistic controls bring intensity and challenge to the game. They are always interesting in their own way.

Soleil

God of Gaming
There isn't really a specific genre I play, it's mostly just what I think looks good. But, I do find myself playing RPG's most of the time.

LucasGodzilla

God of Gaming
VIP
Old School First Person Shooters, because I just enjoy the rush.

Although RPGs are fun (depending on the game).

Pure

God of Gaming
So, you're probably a huge fan of destiny seeing as it's an RPG Shooter right?

MOBA's are a high second place for me tbh. I've been playing League since 2009(or 10) I believe.
I've honestly never played it. I've bought Destiny 2 with my WoW gold though lol

Pure

God of Gaming
Wow, luck you! How much WoW gold was it to buy Destiny 2 if I might ask?
900K. I had tokens stored away from when they were 50K each and I ended up paying quite a bit for some more. I gave my brother a copy too lol

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
Why do you like them? Also, what card games do you play?
ooh, card games are up there in my favorites tbh! I have Farea or w/e it's called, and just downloaded Duel Links on the phone. It's a Gen 1 Yugioh card game. I duel my cousin all the time :)

sage

Council
Staff member
Council
Why do you like them? Also, what card games do you play?
Fighting games are very intense. They get my adrenaline going more than any other games. The Soul Calibur series was my favorite.

Card games are just kind of addicting. I got started with Yu-Gi-Oh when I was like 6-7, and it escalated until I was 13. When I was a senior in high school, I got into Magic for a bit. Now, I play Hearthstone, although I'm not always happy with it. I like Elder Scrolls Legends a lot. Digital card games are much better because they're cheaper and you can always find an opponent. The biggest struggle I encountered while playing paper card games was finding someone to play with.

Elocrypt

God of Gaming
Fighting games are very intense. They get my adrenaline going more than any other games. The Soul Calibur series was my favorite.

Card games are just kind of addicting. I got started with Yu-Gi-Oh when I was like 6-7, and it escalated until I was 13. When I was a senior in high school, I got into Magic for a bit. Now, I play Hearthstone, although I'm not always happy with it. I like Elder Scrolls Legends a lot. Digital card games are much better because they're cheaper and you can always find an opponent. The biggest struggle I encountered while playing paper card games was finding someone to play with.
About the same with my experience with card games, haha. Started the same way with CTCs as you, weirdly enough. I played Hearthstone when it came out, as everyone was just starting out and their wasn't quite a meta yet. I quit at some point and now it's practically impossible to get into without having to spend money on cards imo. I haven't tried Elder Scrolls Legends but just recently saw it on the marketplace.

I personally have always found paper CTC games much cheaper and a lot more worth it, as you have physical copies of cards which can be traded and sold in person and you can easily barter them. Magic the Gathering is a definite favorite of mine, I have a lot of cards and really like how the game works.

The digital card game that I got into since it was in beta was Faeria, so fun! Super easy, and it puts a real nice spin on strategy.

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
The digital card game that I got into since it was in beta was Faeria, so fun! Super easy, and it puts a real nice spin on strategy.
I don't play it too much, but it is really fun. If you're ever down to play let me know :)

Elocrypt

God of Gaming
I don't play it too much, but it is really fun. If you're ever down to play let me know :)
I don't play it too much either, tbh. Although, I'd be down to play at some point. And I apologize for a future reference if I pull some wizardy outta my sleeve. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.