Hello World!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triblaze

God of Gaming
Well should have made one of these a while ago, but better late than never ;)

I love video games, anime, comics, tv, and a good book. I also love talking about them for days on end. I'm finishing up my bachelors soon in engineering, and soon it will be off to work until my nose is ground to dust.

So until then, and hopefully after too, I'm here to stay. Here's to a great community!

Triblaze

God of Gaming
ooh wow! Hello there Triblaze! Glad to have you here at this amazing community! XP How much does an engineering job make annually?
Somewhere about 50-100K annually. Depending on where you live, how you do, how valuable you are to the company, and if you get bonus' for sales/projects. Where I live, 80K is the usual salary for a Biomedical Engineer.

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Hello there and welcome to the forums, no wait, you were already active here >.<
I graduated an engineering based education too and is also currently looking for a job ^_^

Triblaze

God of Gaming
Hello there and welcome to the forums, no wait, you were already active here >.<
I graduated an engineering based education too and is also currently looking for a job ^_^
Cool! STEM majors for the win *fist bump*
Yeah, I've been around the forums, but I was greeting some new people before I realized I never made an introduction post *_*

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Cool! STEM majors for the win *fist bump*
Yeah, I've been around the forums, but I was greeting some new people before I realized I never made an introduction post *_*
Hahaha yeah, i did the same thing actually >.<

Some people dont actually need an introduction they just kinda invade and become part of the community naturally :D

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Scifi, fantasy and mystery. My favorites are Sherlock Holmes and Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. I also really liked the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
Awesome. I'm also a fan of sci-fi and fantasy, then horror, then mystery. I like Sherlock Holmes (and some of Agatha Christie's stuff, too), but my favorites are still the Judge Dee cases... ever read them? HHG is really good. :D

Triblaze

God of Gaming
Awesome. I'm also a fan of sci-fi and fantasy, then horror, then mystery. I like Sherlock Holmes (and some of Agatha Christie's stuff, too), but my favorites are still the Judge Dee cases... ever read them? HHG is really good. :D
Never heard of Judge Dee, but from a google search it seems kinda neat. I'll have to give it a read through one day.

~Dev

Council
Staff member
Council
ooh wow! Hello there Triblaze! Glad to have you here at this amazing community! XP

That moment when you are too lazy to type something in so you use a quote to do it for you. even though my sentence i am writing just now is probably more effort then saying welcome.... anyways.... Hope to see you around!

Triblaze

God of Gaming
That moment when you are too lazy to type something in so you use a quote to do it for you. even though my sentence i am writing just now is probably more effort then saying welcome.... anyways.... Hope to see you around!
Ditto. Circular reasoning and all. See you around ;)

IceGolem

God of Gaming
Hi, welcome to GameHandout ;) There's probably nothing better than a good read.. recently finished The Witcher series and loved it! I'd like to read Hitchiker's Guide to Galaxy but i haven't got any chance yet, unfortunately :(

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Never heard of Judge Dee, but from a google search it seems kinda neat. I'll have to give it a read through one day.
They're really neat books: really quick reads, the writing style might take a little to get used to, but they're fun. I hope you'll like them too if you get to read them!!

There's probably nothing better than a good read.. recently finished The Witcher series and loved it! I'd like to read Hitchiker's Guide to Galaxy but i haven't got any chance yet, unfortunately :(
That's too bad, I fell in love with HGG when I read the first book. I still have to read the others though.
As for The Witcher, I've been looking for those books everywhere, but no luck :( Wish I could read them~

IceGolem

God of Gaming
As for The Witcher, I've been looking for those books everywhere, but no luck :( Wish I could read them~
Really ? Libraries, internet, book shops, e books.. no luck ? Too bad, it's one of the best fantasy I've ever read. Which language translation are you looking for BTW ?

Triblaze

God of Gaming
They're really neat books: really quick reads, the writing style might take a little to get used to, but they're fun. I hope you'll like them too if you get to read them!!

That's too bad, I fell in love with HGG when I read the first book. I still have to read the others though.
Its originally polish so you have to find a translated copy. Amazon carries it I believe in english. Just search the witcher book. Great game too btw. Can't wait to get a hold of the third one.

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Really ? Libraries, internet, book shops, e books.. no luck ? Too bad, it's one of the best fantasy I've ever read. Which language translation are you looking for BTW ?
Its originally polish so you have to find a translated copy. Amazon carries it I believe in english. Just search the witcher book. Great game too btw. Can't wait to get a hold of the third one.
English or Spanish work for me.
Out local libraries are crap and book shops don't carry it; we're only just starting to get "decent" fantasy books (if you found one in the past, it was usually by luck tucked between sci-fi books because they're totally the same, or in the children section because fantasy is for kids!). Try to get a Terry Pratchett book used to be like searching for the lost grail. Of course there were some, but most children oriented or considered to be so. That said, it's gotten better, but we don't get any of the "rare" stuff (so, nothing that isn't big name in the media).
Ebooks (and hard copies) would have to be bought abroad, and for reasons of my country being stupid let's just simplify and say that I can't buy in dollars/abroad anymore. XD So I'm limited to buying with money I get from other sources - such as bitcoin and the like, and that's not often nor fast to get right now.
That leaves me with less erm, proper resources, which I've also had no luck on. <.<

Triblaze

God of Gaming
English or Spanish work for me.
Out local libraries are crap and book shops don't carry it; we're only just starting to get "decent" fantasy books (if you found one in the past, it was usually by luck tucked between sci-fi books because they're totally the same, or in the children section because fantasy is for kids!). Try to get a Terry Pratchett book used to be like searching for the lost grail. Of course there were some, but most children oriented or considered to be so. That said, it's gotten better, but we don't get any of the "rare" stuff (so, nothing that isn't big name in the media).
Ebooks (and hard copies) would have to be bought abroad, and for reasons of my country being stupid let's just simplify and say that I can't buy in dollars/abroad anymore. XD So I'm limited to buying with money I get from other sources - such as bitcoin and the like, and that's not often nor fast to get right now.
That leaves me with less erm, proper resources, which I've also had no luck on. <.<
Well, none the less, I hope you find it eventually. Have you read a Song of Ice and Fire?

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Well, none the less, I hope you find it eventually. Have you read a Song of Ice and Fire?
I read two of them, I think it was the first and third ones? The ones I skipped were because I couldn't find the others. lol Now they're more widely available because of the TV Show. Anyhow, there were parts I really liked of them, but other parts were a little boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.