Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
I just got into the anime scene like 7 months ago, and thus far I've seen
Tokyo Ghoul, Psycho Pass, Akame Ga Kill (Haven't finished this one), Guilty Crown, SAO, Samari Shamploo (Just finished this one), No Game No Life, Fate/Stay Night (Season 1, didn't know they had a second season until right now!!! It's one of my favorites), Panty Vs. Stocking, attack on titan, . I watched all of these within the 9 months that I can think of. I've been here XD All English Dubbed btw.

I've had @sage help me look up ones, so some that are on my watch list are:

*Finishing up Akame Ga Kill*
Kill la kill, Claymore, Log Horizon, and watching Eureka Seven *I haven't seen that since like 2005 or something lol*

I'm trying to find more to watch, and would really like some ideas on some.

pajama

God of Gaming
lol I just made a thread about anime a couple minutes ago too.

My biggest recommendation is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann because it's my favorite anime ever. It's badass as fuck and who can say no to giant robots beating the shit out of each other?

The show is basically a collage of every single trope in the mecha genre (particularly the super mecha genre) taken to the most extreme degree possible. It's absolutely huge in scale, has fantastic animation and is guaranteed to pump you up and make you cry. It has a fantastic English dub. I always recommend the dub for this anime.
It's also made by the same team of people that made Kill la Kill and is very similar in tone so if you like that then you're gonna love this.

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
Have you watched Tokyo Ghoul : Root A and other OVAs ? If you loved 1st season, you'll love them as well :D
I'd highly recommend you Death Note (one of the best anime series I have ever seen) and One Punch Man (which is a light-hearted anime, funny and really interesting to watch) .
And if you're fan of DBZ, you might watch Dragon Ball Super. I find it a bit childish, but I still watch it :D

pajama

God of Gaming
I second the Death Note and One Punch Man recommendations. Death Note is one of the best entry level animes around and One Punch Man is my favorite comedy anime of all time, not to mention that despite being comedy it also has some of the best fight animation I've ever seen. Just look at this fight from the first episode.

Rosire Sabido

God of Gaming
VIP
Boku No Pico I guess?!!! haha just kidding try watching 2 girls one cup ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NVM. I don't really know much about anime but I like the pokemon movies, Naruto and some Fairy Tail and Dragon ball the first season OHHHHHHH wait here this one is kinda nice Hayate the combat butler.

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
I'm watching Deadman Wonderland and holy mother of shit that is the best anime I think I've seen so far to be honest. It's really short, and I'm not done yet, but I'll hopefully finish it tomorrow :D

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
12 episodes. I might check this out :D
After I finish with Cosmos : A Space-Time Odyssey hosted by Neil DeGrasse Tyson :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1462054363,1459449203][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm watching Deadman Wonderland and holy mother of shit that is the best anime I think I've seen so far to be honest. It's really short, and I'm not done yet, but I'll hopefully finish it tomorrow :D
I just finished watching it, and I have to agree. It's one of the best I've ever watched. :D

robert

MLG Random
ok...here comes the list a few have been mentioned...

Full Metal Alchemist (there are 2 series, and both are similar, and different.)
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (this one follows the manga)
Death Note
Nobari No Ou
FLCL (stupid short comedy)
Cowboy Bebop (one of the greatest of all time...sad ending)
Samurai Shampoo
Inuyasha
For as long as it is....Naruto
and ... (find the fillers to skip) Naruto Shippuden
Ajin Demon Hunter
Knights of Sidonia
Gundum (there are many)

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
ok...here comes the list a few have been mentioned...

Full Metal Alchemist (there are 2 series, and both are similar, and different.)
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (this one follows the manga)
Death Note
Nobari No Ou
FLCL (stupid short comedy)
Cowboy Bebop (one of the greatest of all time...sad ending)
Samurai Shampoo
Inuyasha
For as long as it is....Naruto
and ... (find the fillers to skip) Naruto Shippuden
Ajin Demon Hunter
Knights of Sidonia
Gundum (there are many)
I know I'm going to get a lot of crap for this but...
FMA was amazing! However, I didn't like Brotherhood nearly as much as the original. I feel like they took out a lot of amazing storyline stuff from the original, as well as didn't explain anything nearly as good as FMA did. I'm actually getting a tattoo of the main symbol on my calf :D

I've seen Deathnote which was really good, Samurai Shamploo which was great!

I'm not a fan of long anime series. I like to keep them at like 24 episodes type max lol. So, Inuyasha, naruto, etc. I probably won't watch. The rest I haven't heard of and will be looking into them shortly :D Are they all dubbed by any chance?

robert

MLG Random
um, Nabari no ou is up your ally then its a single run (so far as I know) and I think its subbed. that's how I watched it anyway.

I would totally finish Akame ga kill, its so awesome and i loved it, and if you like that then check out owari no seraph (seraph of the end)

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
um, Nabari no ou is up your ally then its a single run (so far as I know) and I think its subbed. that's how I watched it anyway.
I'm a dubbed only person, sadly :(

I would totally finish Akame ga kill, its so awesome and i loved it, and if you like that then check out owari no seraph (seraph of the end)
Yeah I finished Akame ga kill and it was great. I also seen Seraph of the end as well! It was really good. Have you seen Aldnoah.Zero? It's along the same thing as Seraph but with mechs lol.

~Dev

Council
Staff member
Council
Tengen toppa gurren lagann is the top of my recommendations. But here we are.
- Overlord <- Highly recommended
- God eater.
- Owari no seraph (Seraph of the end)
- Acceleration World
- Blue exorcist (Ao no exorcist)
- Noragami
- Shingeki no Bahmut: Genesis
- Tales of Zestria the X
- Death parade
- Mirai Nikki (Future diaries) <- Highly recommend
- Magi: the labyrinth of magic <- Highly recommended
(Note that These might not have dub. But are definitely worth looking into)

- Drifters
- Re:zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu
- Rokka no yuusha
- Shokugeki no soma
- Nanbaka
- Kabaneri of the iron fortress

sage

Council
Staff member
Council
So, Inuyasha, naruto, etc.
I watched 120 episodes out of 164 for Inuyasha. It stops progressing somewhere in the middle, so I quit after going another 50 episodes.
I would not recommend Naruto if you dislike Naruto as a character. I didn't enjoy it very much, but I still read (not watched) the whole thing.

- Noragami
I liked this one.

Random Recommendations:

Have you seen Afro Samurai? Samuel L Jackson does a voice in it.
Welcome to the NHK is something different, and it's funny.
Baka Test is the funniest anime I've seen.
Code Geass if you liked Death Note.
FLCL is like a must see.
Desert Punk is post apocalyptic, and funny (in an immature way).
You should definitely watch some Ghost in the Shell, since they're making a movie about it this year.

Nomec104

God of Gaming
I liked:

Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)
Your Lie in April
One Punch Man

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Grave of the Fireflies
Akira <----------------------------------------------------------------MUST WATCH
Ghost in the Shell <---------------------------------------------------MUST WATCH
Ano Hana <-----------------------------------------------------------MUST WATCH
Neon Genesis Evangelion <------------------------------------------MUST WATCH

Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku (Now and Then, Here and There) <-------MUST WATCH

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
Alright, so there's a theme with Future Diary so I'll give that a shot right now.

Thank you all thus far the suggestions!

sage

Council
Staff member
Council
Ano Hana <-----------------------------------------------------------MUST WATCH
I don't really think Ano Hana is a must watch. I saw it, and I don't think it was anything special.
It was different, but I didn't gain anything from it. I can only remember the scene of the main character go from playing video games to making ramen.

Nomec104

God of Gaming
I don't really think Ano Hana is a must watch. I saw it, and I don't think it was anything special.
It was different, but I didn't gain anything from it. I can only remember the scene of the main character go from playing video games to making ramen.
It's more than this, it's about a lost friendship achieved again. Well maybe this anime touched me so much cuz something like this happens to me in the past, with the difference dat in real life there is no happy end :(
sh't now im depressed

Its a shame you only like short series, otherwise I'd recommend Rurouni Kenshin (even though the 3rd season is nothing but fillers).
Here are some classics that no one has mentioned:

Neon Genesis Evangelion (TV Series, goes from Mecha to Mindfuck by the end of the series)
Angel Beats (Sad ending though)
Azumanga Daioh (High School Girls slice of life, like Lucky Star)
.Hack Series (SIGN is a bit lackluster but ROOTS is pretty damn good)
Aria The Scarlet Ammo
Berserk (Old series, when it was good)
Black Lagoon
Chaos;Head & Steins;Gate
Clannad (look out for the 'feels')
Demon King Daimao (MC turns into a bad guy, sorta)
Desert Punk (was mentioned but its just too hilarious!)
Elfen Lied (Nudity & Gore right from the get-go, very dark & sad)
Ergo Proxy
Escaflowne (just recently got a re-release)
Girls Bravo (perversion & hilarity)
Gurren Lagann (mentioned, MUST WATCH)
Higurashi (2nd season isn't dubbed but won't understand what's going on w/o watching it)
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade (Awesome Movie from the early 90's)
Madoka Magica (its dark)
Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Record of Lodoss War (Dungeons & Dragons: The Anime)
Rumbling Hearts (Fucked up romance drama, if you're in to that)
s-CRY-ed (was shown on Adult Swim a long time ago)
Samurai 7
Sengoku Basara (Badass Feudal Japan wars)
Serial Experiments Lain (Mindfuckery)
Soul Eater (about 50 episodes, but its WORTH it)
Terror in Resonance (Terrorism, don't watch if 9/11 'triggers' you)
The Future Diary (mentioned, DAMN GOOD series)
Welcome to the NHK (dealing with 'shut-ins' aka hermit nerds)

That's all I can think of & I haven't been able to keep up with most of the newer series yet.

sage

Council
Staff member
Council
It's more than this, it's about a lost friendship achieved again. Well maybe this anime touched me so much cuz something like this happens to me in the past, with the difference dat in real life there is no happy end :(
sh't now im depressed
I don't really care about losing friendships, so the show didn't do anything for me.
/pats back

Rurouni Kenshin
I second this 1000 times. This is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.