Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

Arma 3 [Review]

Local time
Today, 06:32
OVERVIEW -
Arma 3 is a very fun military simulator and is very similar to its predecessor arma 2.
It's gameplay is very fun it's has its ups and down and still has some problems but we will get into that in the later part. To play arma 3 you really need a good computer because this game is very graphic intense. And also this game looks amazing but is very hard to run with quality like that unless you have a epic computer. To play multiplayer like most do you will want a good headset and at least some sort of mic. You will most likely need skype or some other chatting application such as teamspeak or oovoo. The overall cost of the game is around $60 so it's your standard AAA title. Now let's get into gameplay

GAMEPLAY-

Story mode- or as some would call it campaign mode. Campaign for arma 3 is really great the missions are awesome and the ai is really great it makes you feel like you are in a multiplayer match but with less chaos.
There are a number of missions to play, I haven't played most of the missions so I'm not sure how the rest go the the ones I played were great. In the campaign the ai (bots) tell you where to go and where to look and when to revive them so it's really useful to train up in for the main arma 3 mode multiplayer.

MULTIPLAYER -

Multiplayer for arma 3 is really I mean really great. But before I get all the way into the good I'm just going to say there is desync and a lot of it, it's really scary. There is also lag but it's barely noticeable most of the time.
There are a lot of people that play the multiplayer too, so you will never be alone. This is were cooperation and a lot of mic use is needed. At some points you'll need to call out were enimies are and what coordinates are they at and stuff simmular to what a person in the military would say so you can guess what that means.
There are a lot of dedicated and normal servers that are really great with low lag issues. There are a lot of gamemodes like breaking point, epoch(dayz), king of the hill, overpoch, and even more. Most of the modes require mods that are to be downloaded from their website or the steam workshop.

Well this concludes my arma 3 review I hoped you enjoyed.

Local time
I have arma cold war, how is this different?
Arma Cold War is a very old game (yes, including graphics) compared to arma 3. Arma 3 is a way less glitchey game.

Here is some examples

Arma 3 at the top
Cold War at the bottom

image.jpg
image.jpg
You can clearly tell that arma 3 is a huge upgrade that is worth every penny of that $60

Local time
Today, 13:32

skelton912

God of Gaming
Local time
OVERVIEW -
Arma 3 is a very fun military simulator and is very similar to its predecessor arma 2.
It's gameplay is very fun it's has its ups and down and still has some problems but we will get into that in the later part. To play arma 3 you really need a good computer because this game is very graphic intense. And also this game looks amazing but is very hard to run with quality like that unless you have a epic computer. To play multiplayer like most do you will want a good headset and at least some sort of mic. You will most likely need skype or some other chatting application such as teamspeak or oovoo. The overall cost of the game is around $60 so it's your standard AAA title. Now let's get into gameplay

GAMEPLAY-

Story mode- or as some would call it campaign mode. Campaign for arma 3 is really great the missions are awesome and the ai is really great it makes you feel like you are in a multiplayer match but with less chaos.
There are a number of missions to play, I haven't played most of the missions so I'm not sure how the rest go the the ones I played were great. In the campaign the ai (bots) tell you where to go and where to look and when to revive them so it's really useful to train up in for the main arma 3 mode multiplayer.

MULTIPLAYER -

Multiplayer for arma 3 is really I mean really great. But before I get all the way into the good I'm just going to say there is desync and a lot of it, it's really scary. There is also lag but it's barely noticeable most of the time.
There are a lot of people that play the multiplayer too, so you will never be alone. This is were cooperation and a lot of mic use is needed. At some points you'll need to call out were enimies are and what coordinates are they at and stuff simmular to what a person in the military would say so you can guess what that means.
There are a lot of dedicated and normal servers that are really great with low lag issues. There are a lot of gamemodes like breaking point, epoch(dayz), king of the hill, overpoch, and even more. Most of the modes require mods that are to be downloaded from their website or the steam workshop.

Well this concludes my arma 3 review I hoped you enjoyed.
Edit: After writing my add on to your review I realized how much I did enjoy the game (and how much I love hating myself) and well be reinstalling the game again lol. Thanks for the review man!

Hey bud thanks for the review! Now alot of what your giving up is very true and I liked how simple and to the point it was but as a gamer whos put in his fair share on A3 I would like to point out a few things and im gonna rant a little because it needs a good ranting lol. Keep in mind when reading my rant im going over the bad quailites that EVENTUALLY drove me away from the game. I am fully in agreement with Aonmaddog that this game is very much worth picking up and especially on sell if your into shooters.

The part about the campaign you mentioned the Ai being "great" and im not sure if your referring to the enemy or your teammates you occasionally have but if you found either to be great I STRONGLY urge you to look at some better single player games lol. No offence at all towards you but A3s AI system is about as bad as a field of my cross bred yelling/fainting goats in a firefight. Countless times I've observed enemies loaded with sub machine guns hell personal defense weapons at that with nothing more than red dot scopes preform impossible head shots from 400 to 500 yards away in complete darkness and no night vision capabilities. The team I was given (even near the end of the campaign when your working with the fully military) were more apt to keel over on me in the heat of the moment then work for crap lol. Now depending on your gaming prefernce you may NEVER see these guys since youd only encouter them during the story (which is fairly neat especially the second part) or on a server which utilizes bots which tends to be more RP type servers which don't fully focus on PVP such as the Epoch and Day-z servers you mentioned above.

Moving on to the severs side of things I do agree multiplayer on A3 is something mind blowing. It has alot to offer for most any gamer, some groups do sweet Mil-sim Roleplaying, some do straight pvp like death match or king of the hill, Some are loose RPs like the arma and altis life mods, You can find zombies and monsters and now even use AT-ATs and kill guys ridin speeders from the starwars mod. As for the lag issues thats (like all multiplayer games) based on the server you play on and where its located compared to you. You may play on a server and NEVER experience lag and you may get on some that slow to a crawl every time someone fires an round off but again its based on where you play. If you do play on servers its gonna come down to finding the servers that run best for you....... then finding the ones who aren't run by the assortment of idiots and a-holes that are a dime a dozen online. You will find servers and admins out to make games days crappy but the upside comes in awesome moments when (like you mentioned) you start teaming up with guys really getting into the game. Ill post a few pics below of my exploits with some buddies of mine on a mod we liked to play and show you kind of what i meant.

All in all you were on point with that review I just wanted to highlight some of the weaker points of the game so they don't come as surprises later lol. I will say I had some amazing times playing Arma 3 and if I didn't keep getting burned by crappy servers I would likely play again. Heres just a few of the memories I have from the game.

*our rag tag rebel group preping to go out and hit a target. Im driving the bottom left transport truck. (we got owned ;()
By far one of the most epic pictures I have ever taken in a game. We had taken a point and I had thrown a smoke grenade out and some random chem lights to mark for another of our guys that was flying a helo in. I happened to turn my NV off and spotted this perfect image and couldn't help but say 'Merica. Seemed fitting in my 1st Calvary uniform lol.
This particular flight im not even sure how we managed to fly off. Took some hits hitting APCs to help soften up the enemy for our ground assault and when we were limping back to base I spun around to see I (pilots chair top) had almost bit the big one lol.
Me sitting in the pilots seat of a Medic Orca in an altis life server I was white listed as a medic on. Never knew how to fly until I made myself crash course in this thing one day...... since then it was hard to find me out of a helo lol.
Yet another air pic. This was taken after we limped back from the last fight. Getting a team in the black hawk to fast land some troops where we needed extra ground units.

Last edited:

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: