Badges! Levels! And new title ranking!

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
Untitled.png

So, I was going to make a post of all the updates, but the badges update is so big, it deserves it's own post!

So... Let's get started with this amazing update!

Many of you all have been asking what trophy points were, what did they do, and what's the point in them. Well, prior to this update, nothing. But now, they're called Badges. They're used to display everything you've done on the forum, with the community, etc.

So, that answered what they are. Onto to what they do, and what's the point in them.
Well... Badges/Trophies give you EXP (Experience) towards your levels, which is the number that is now displayed in your posts, next to your name, etc. This number is your level, currently the max is 15, but we might change that depending on how we feel about it. Every badge you get gives you XP towards leveling up, and every level you get unlocks a new forum Title. This is why you may have noticed your title got put back a little bit. This way you have to work harder than just posting. You have to participate in the forum, in the events, etc. The higher rank you are, the better your forum title is.

We've also added a lot of badges, with over 50+ (Currently 55) badges! You can now get verified as a shopkeeper, rewarded for following, liking, and subscribing to our social media, and much, much more!

Under the badges navigation bar, you will see a drop down. If you hover over that you will see two links. Badges, and your badges. Badges lists every badge we have available in their perspective groups. Your Badges will display not only the badges you have, but your EXP bar, how many points you have, how many you need to level up, and your current level.

If you don't have a badge that you should have go to this link: http://gamehandout.com/threads/need-a-badge.1291/

You can also feature a badge. This featured badge you will find when updating/editing your profile. What a Featured Badge does is, it gets displayed on all your forum posts so everyone can see your most valuable reward to you. http://gamehandout.com/account/

Last edited:

keirzilla

MERMAID
Well thank you for this but I figured it out myself haha just gotta click on the right link :p I'm excited about this. Already planning on getting level 15 somehow.

iXanon

Øŋɇ Ŵĩŋḡɇď ₳ŋḡɇᶅ
Nice update - been itching for something like this to come on to a forum, and now it has! Ace.

Now if only I could find my posting hat.. :)

Rosire Sabido

God of Gaming
VIP
Nice there's now a level thingy and the badges oh so that's what your finishing before.WAIT!!! why am I back to newbie awww it already says acclaimed gamer before please tell me this is a glitch

Last edited:

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
Nice there's now a level thingy and the badges oh so that's what your finishing before.WAIT!!! why am I back to newbie awww it already says acclaimed gamer before please tell me this is a glitch
Every badge you get gives you XP towards leveling up, and every level you get unlocks a new forum Title. This is why you may have noticed your title got put back a little bit.

Rosire Sabido

God of Gaming
VIP
May I know what level will a new title unlock cause triblaze is level 4 with over 1000 messages how come he's still a newbie

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
May I know what level will a new title unlock cause triblaze is level 4 with over 1000 messages how come he's still a newbie
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. The user titles never updated or saved, so I had to re-configure them :D You're rank is now updated to the level.

To answer your question, every level is a different title :) Level 3 = Casual Gamer Level 4 = Gamer, etc.

Batman

God of Gaming
Awesome! This is absolutely amazing, I've always hoped a forum would do something like this. It makes the forum like a console XD

AlexanderS4

God of Gaming
Oh look mom! I'm in the screenshots! I made it!

Anyway, I have to say this is the forum with the most cool futures I've used. Great work Xyphien and everyone involved.

E: lol I'm level 0