Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
Nicolas Flamel in fact was the real alchemist that lived pretty long for their time,so he inspired his people (and many ours,including J.K. Rownling)
Yeah,I've read all six Secrets of the Immortal Nicolas Flamel books. (listened to audiobooks,to be more specific lol )

Triblaze

God of Gaming
That would be the one. XD My bad!

I heard of that series, but never read it.
Its pretty good. Its about a pair of twin teenagers that find out that they are part of some prophecy. They find out that many famous figures, ie John Dee, Billy the Kid, Nicholas Flamel have found the secret to immortality one way or another, and John Dee wants to return the Dark Elders (read bad guys) to the Earth and they have to stop it. Give it a read through, I like it because it deviates from cliches enough to keep the story interesting.

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Its pretty good. Its about a pair of twin teenagers that find out that they are part of some prophecy. They find out that many famous figures, ie John Dee, Billy the Kid, Nicholas Flamel have found the secret to immortality one way or another, and John Dee wants to return the Dark Elders (read bad guys) to the Earth and they have to stop it. Give it a read through, I like it because it deviates from cliches enough to keep the story interesting.
Sounds interesting, I'll look it up, thanks! :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1438179780,1437846031][/DOUBLEPOST]I just picked up Parasite Eve to read. Anyone here gave it a read yet? (Or played the game, but since it's a book thread... :p)

Triblaze

God of Gaming
Sounds interesting, I'll look it up, thanks! :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1438179780,1437846031][/DOUBLEPOST]I just picked up Parasite Eve to read. Anyone here gave it a read yet? (Or played the game, but since it's a book thread... :p)
Never heard of it. A wiki search revealed a pretty weird plot. Let me know how it is once your done.

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Never heard of it. A wiki search revealed a pretty weird plot. Let me know how it is once your done.
I'm not quite done yet, but so far it's pretty terrifying if you have a good imagination. XD
It starts a bit slow and a bit heavy on the medical/biological stuff (though part of it you might have already learned in school, depending on your education system I guess), and then like the last half to 1/3 of the book is were it all happens (I just hit that part). Let's just say it's really descriptive. lol

Triblaze

God of Gaming
I'm not quite done yet, but so far it's pretty terrifying if you have a good imagination. XD
It starts a bit slow and a bit heavy on the medical/biological stuff (though part of it you might have already learned in school, depending on your education system I guess), and then like the last half to 1/3 of the book is were it all happens (I just hit that part). Let's just say it's really descriptive. lol
For ne it really depends on tge authors style of writing, as sometimes I just can't stand it lol

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
For ne it really depends on tge authors style of writing, as sometimes I just can't stand it lol
Yeah, sometimes I like a story but can't put up with the writing style at all. I haven't had the problem with this book, but I totally get you. XD

Triblaze

God of Gaming
Yeah, sometimes I like a story but can't put up with the writing style at all. I haven't had the problem with this book, but I totally get you. XD
Well, I give it ago when I get the chance. I hope the ending is good for you ;)
Its probably going to be some crazy plot twist judging from your description so far.

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
There was really no twist, the plot was pretty straight forward. The ending didn't disappoint on the weirded out/gross area. XD

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
I'll add it to my ever growing list of books I need to look up and read. XD
[DOUBLEPOST=1445082816,1438364160][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone read any interesting books lately? I've been trying to finish reading the entire Judge Dee series at last, it's been a slow book year for me, though, not a lot of time to read.

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
I've been reading Richard Dawkins' God Delusion and Douglas Adams' Hitchiker's guide to the Galaxy.
And I've read some Death Note fan book and Long Ships by Frans Bengtsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.