Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

Do you know any programming language?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 01:48
The reason I ask is because I'm currently looking into learning Java and figured I'd ask to see who all here knows about any programming language. What was the obstacles behind learning a language, and what language do you actually know?

cajko

God of Gaming
VIP
Local time
Today, 08:48
I tried to learn it and failed miserably.
I guess i am more of HW kind of guy lol.
In short you really need to dedicate to this all in otherwise its not going to go so well.

Soleil

God of Gaming
Local time
I'm studying Java atm and I am planning to graduate with a Computer Science Degree. I think it's a nice thing to learn, and fairly easy if you have the right teacher. One of the harder things about Java is learning when and were to put things, but the more you get used to it, the easier it becomes. Also!!! if you're bad at capitalizing your letters and spelling, you're going to have a hard time.

itsthesherf

God of Gaming
Local time
I self taught myself some basic HTML and BBCode for awhile when I was younger and still have some basic knowledge but nothing fancy. Lol

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Oh no not this again,

Java
C#
Ansi C
PHP
HTML/CSS
Javascript
LUA
GML
Python
SQL

I also know a few other languages on a more "basic" level, like Ruby and C++ where i know the Syntax but not the common functions and libraries.

cajko

God of Gaming
VIP
Local time
Oh no not this again,

Java
C#
Ansi C
PHP
HTML/CSS
Javascript
LUA
GML
Python
SQL

I also know a few other languages on a more "basic" level, like Ruby and C++ where i know the Syntax but not the common functions and libraries.
You are jack of all trads man. He should talk to you about it all lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: