Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

"Everybody's Gone To The Rapture" Review

Local time
Today, 17:12
download (4).png
I'll be completely honest with you. This game is one of those where you can't understand everything with just one playthrough. I was skeptical about this game at first. But later on, as I kept progressing I was gripped by the storyline and the overall feel.

The games starts off at a simple introduction. You hear Dr. Kate Collins' voice and are tasked to look for answers to why the population of Shropshire suddenly disappeared, leaving no traces. You're guided by what appears to be an incarnation of light.

I won't go too deep into the storyline other than to tell you that it's a walking simulator. Keep that in mind when you start the game. Your sprint speed is slow. There aren't any boss fights or QTEs or anything. You're only going to find answers to what lay ahead of you.

The game is divided into various chapters. Chapters named after key characters in the game. Dr. Kate Collins' current husband, Stephen Appleton also plays an important role.

The game explains itself in a non-linear way of progression. When approached to certain areas or just plain progressing along, you'll encounter conversations between people only viewable by the silhouettes of them in light. I was playing on the PS4 so there were certain conversations that are only triggered by a balancing minigame.

I'll warn you about this, the player's movement is terribly slow. Like, really even when you hold R2 and sprint. There's no jump either. But the overall story is well worth the hassle.

So is this game worth your time? Maybe, but only if you're into these games.

Last edited:

Saxix

God of Gaming
Local time
Today, 13:12
View attachment 818
I'll be completely honest with you. This game one of those where you can understand everything with just one playthrough. I was skeptical about this game at first. But later on, as I kept progressing I was gripped by the storyline and the overall feel.

The games starts off at a simple introduction. You hear Dr. Kate Collins' voice and are tasked to look for answers to why the population of Shropshire suddenly disappeared, leaving no traces. You're guided by what appears to be an incarnation of light.

I won't go too deep into the storyline other than to tell you that it's a walking simulator. Keep that in mind when you start the game. Your sprint speed is slow. There aren't any boss fights or QTEs or anything. You're only going to find answers to what lay ahead of you.

The game is divided into various chapters. Chapters named after key characters in the game. Dr. Kate Collins' current husband, Stephen Appleton also plays an important role.

The game explains itself in a non-linear way of progression. When approached to certain areas or just plain progressing along, you'll encounter conversations between people only viewable by the silhouettes of them in light. I was playing on the PS4 so there were certain conversations that are only triggered by a balancing minigame.

I'll warn you about this, the player's movement is terribly slow. Like, really even when you hold R2 and sprint. There's no jump either. But the overall story is well worth the hassle.

So is this game worth your time? Maybe, but only if you're into these games.
I've played the game aswell and it was the most boring game I've ever played. There is nothing to do and it is so sloooow

Elocrypt

Local Hero
Newb
Local time
Today, 04:12
Welcome to GH, hope you enjoy your stay! Interesting review, I've never heard of the game.

Btw, this is the Introduction section. I do suggest you make an Introduction thread here to introduce yourself to the GH community, we'd love to get to know you!

Local time
Today, 17:12
I've played the game aswell and it was the most boring game I've ever played. There is nothing to do and it is so sloooow
But that's because you haven't looked beneath the surface :3
[DOUBLEPOST=1496512018,1496511953][/DOUBLEPOST]
Welcome to GH, hope you enjoy your stay! Interesting review, I've never heard of the game.

Btw, this is the Introduction section. I do suggest you make an Introduction thread here to introduce yourself to the GH community, we'd love to get to know you!
Hello! I apologize for the wrong shift. I was on mobile and the only way I found out was when it was too late.

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 06:12
I've never heard of this game before. I might have to try and check it out. How much is it?

Hello! I apologize for the wrong shift. I was on mobile and the only way I found out was when it was too late.
That's fine, I moved it almost right when you posted it :)

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: