Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

Exchange Area Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Today, 23:16
Since I see some of the current trading shops are causing a bit of confusion, here we go:
  1. Only Exchange what you have.
  2. Make real offers. (Try not to lowball)
  3. Be as specific as you can about what you have/want/service and cost.
  4. No real money transactions.

Explanation of rules:

1. Only Exchange what you have:

If you don't have enough GH$, don't offer to purchase something.
If you don't have the game, don't sell it.
If you can't deliver a service, don't offer it.
If you've promised to pay for a service, don't turn around and buy something from the shop/someone else unless you're 100% sure you can still pay the first person you bought from.

2. Make real offers:

Don't lowball. That is, don't offer a lot less for something you know it's worth more.
If you're going to make an offer, make it a real one. If someone's selling something for 500GH$ I highly doubt they'll go down to just 5GH$. Your undying gratitude and love, albeit appreciated, probably doesn't equal the expected earning.

This doesn't mean that you can't make tentative offers, it just means you have to be mindful about what offers you make.

3. Be as specific as you can:

I'm seeing a lot of people get confused about what people have and want. So, please, both in title and content:

Be specific about what service you offer, and for how much.
Be as specific as you can about what you HAVE and what you WANT. If at all possible, actually place "I HAVE x" and "I WANT x" somewhere noticeable not to create confusion.

Most exchange forums use [H] for what you have and [W] for what you want in the thread title. While it's not mandatory to use that format, we would much appreciate a descriptive title. For instance:

:thumbsup:[H] Castle Crashers [W] Awesomenauts
:thumbsup:Trading Castle Crashers for Awesomenauts
:thumbsup:Trading Awesomenauts for other games
:thumbsup:Trading various games <- if your list is long, this is OK

:thumbsdown:Trading a game <- if it's only A game, not OK
:thumbsdown:
Trading stuff​

We've recently added Prefixes (what goes before the thread title), so please, use them when starting a thread. These are:

Buy: For things you request or want to buy. Make a clear offer, please.
Trade: For trading items or services (keys for keys, steam gifts for keys, keys for skills or services such as making signatures, etc)
Service: For offering your services (signature art or avatar shops, prose and poetry shops, translation services, etc) in exchange for GH$

If your thread will include both, offers for trading and for GH$, then please pick the one you have the most interest in or that you feel will fit best.

There is no "sell" prefix. This is because selling games is to be done through the shop system, and selling services has its own prefix.

4. No real money transactions.

Explains itself I would think.

Last edited:
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:16
I think the no real money transactions thing is a little bs you should change that to if you do give out real money dont complain to GH? Just a suggestion c;

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:16
I think the no real money transactions thing is a little bs you should change that to if you do give out real money dont complain to GH? Just a suggestion c;
If you want to trade for real money you can easily find places that allows you to trade for that, the problem with real money is that it's too easy to rip people off on these kind of sites so we decided against it.
We discussed quite indepth about whenever to allow or disallow Real money trades along the staff and we were against it for various reasons. With steam gifts you can trade safely due to steams system.
With GH$ there is atleast the ability for administrators to do something about GH$ trades, if a person trades with GH$ vs a key you obviously pay the GH$ first, and if the other person of whom you are trading with does not hold his end of the bargain, you can easily report him to an administrator and they can ban him from the trading system, and refund the money.

We also felt that "Real money trades" Goes against the philosophy and purpose as a site where you are supposed to only be active to get games for free or perform other services using this virtual money system. Actual Real Money Trades conflicts with the purpose of the site and kinda ruins the atmosphere that we have going here.

I hope this clears up our thought process behind removing real money trades, paying real money for games is simply not part of this website's purpose. :)

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:16
If you want to trade for real money you can easily find places that allows you to trade for that, the problem with real money is that it's too easy to rip people off on these kind of sites so we decided against it.
We discussed quite indepth about whenever to allow or disallow Real money trades along the staff and we were against it for various reasons. With steam gifts you can trade safely due to steams system.
With GH$ there is atleast the ability for administrators to do something about GH$ trades, if a person trades with GH$ vs a key you obviously pay the GH$ first, and if the other person of whom you are trading with does not hold his end of the bargain, you can easily report him to an administrator and they can ban him from the trading system, and refund the money.

We also felt that "Real money trades" Goes against the philosophy and purpose as a site where you are supposed to only be active to get games for free or perform other services using this virtual money system. Actual Real Money Trades conflicts with the purpose of the site and kinda ruins the atmosphere that we have going here.

I hope this clears up our thought process behind removing real money trades, paying real money for games is simply not part of this website's purpose. :)
Ah okay thanks for clearing that up I always wondered why no real money c;

Status
Not open for further replies.

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: