Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

F.A.Q

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 17:55
This post will have a list of all the Frequently Asked Questions both on, and off the site.

• What is ArchGamers?
ArchGamers, also known as AGC is a community which currently includes our Forums, and our Discord. It's for dedicated games and happens to be a closed community where you can only join via invite. We also pride ourselves in our game giveaways. By simply being active on both the forums and discord you can win free games, as well as spend the discord currency to buy free games.

• What's the background of AGC?
AGC, also known as ArchGamers was a site I made back on my first deployment. I loved the name, and the concept behind the prefix Arch, meaning someone who rules, king, etc. A hierarchy of gamers, as well as having it invite only which makes the whole site exclusive. However, this idea fell apart as all the council members bailed after investing in it. Back in 2010 I made another website called GameHandout, which has been my pride and joy for over 8 years now. GameHandout was originally a Indie Game News blog where I also gave out free games, which later turned into a Game Giveaway forum. Throughout the years it's had it's spike of activity, as well as it's dead times. It's still always had a warm spot in my heart. Unfortunately do to inactivity, I decided to shut it down and turn it into a discord. From there it had a little bit of activity, but nothing worth boasting over. Once I got out of the military I wanted to revamp both of them, and figured the best way would be to combine them. That's where the new ArchGamers comes into play.

• This seems to good to be true... Is it?
Most of our games comes from my own personal arsenal of Humble Bundle game codes I no longer need. The rest of the games were either purchased by me to simply give out, or donated by the game developers, company, etc. to give out to the general public. This being said, 99% of the time I get the games either for free, or out of a humble bundle pack and they're the left over games I do not wish to obtain for myself. On to the how. I give the games out via steam code. Once you either win a giveaway, use your forum currency, or any other means. You will receive a PM with the steam code directly in your inbox on the forums.

• Is there a catch?
Ahh, the good ol' catch. Everything has a catch. The catch with this site is your activity. We require you to post on the forums, as well as our discord, which gives us content, more views, traffic, and in return a little bit of revenue to put back into the forums. Simply, you're activity is the catch to getting the free games.

• Are there viruses? and Is this a scam?
We display only google ads, so there isn't any risk of any sketchy popups, malware, or viruses coming from that. As for downloads, unless someone has a download via the shop there isn't any downloads on our site what so ever. This means we cannot pose a risk of viruses on your computer. As for a scam, the only possibility of a scam is through the shop. The shop is completely at your own risk, and up to you to chose a seller you feel is safe. If you do however, find a scammer and get scammed message myself @Xyphien directly, and I will contact both parties and clear everything out. If the seller, or buyer is found scamming that user will be perm banned, as well as perm IP banned from the site. However, it would be up to you and paypal to deal with getting or receiving your money.

• How do I get free games?
There are actually quite a few ways to receive free games on GameHandout!

We have GH$ which is our discord currency. It stands for GameHandout Cash, which is the original currency of one of the merged websites. For being active on the discord you do you will receive a little bit of GH$. From there, you can head over to our #SHOP page on discord (Not the shop on ArchGamers) and then redeem your GH$ for any game from the list that is not striked out.

Participating in public events, joining our livestream, and etc. are other ways to win free games as we hand them out like candy during these events. We have weekly giveaways, and try to do tournaments and other events frequently as well!

The last way is by simply being active on both the website and the discord. I go on them both from time to time, feeling really generous and tend to give away a random game to someone who's currently active. Even if you're not on the same time I am on, if I notice you've been really active during my random moods then chances are you will be receiving a free game. This will be sent via PM as well with the Code attached in it.

• How do you get GH$?
The main way you receive GH$ is through being active on our discord. Generally one message = 1 GH$. However, during some events it will be doubled!

Other ways are interactions with other members. For example, you could sell your games on our site for GH$. If you have Black ops 3, and someone wants to buy it for GH$400 then you are more than happy to do that interaction. Doing that is through our | EXCHANGE |

Events/Tournaments are another way. We occasionally host events, and tournaments for games (Mostly free to play games) and the winner(s) of those sometimes receives GH$.

• I've completed something for a badge but didn't get it, what do I do?
Most badges are set on an automatic timer of 1 hour. If you recently done something like x amount of posts or likes then simply wait an hour or two for the system to catch up and process your badge. However, some of the badges (mostly social media) are manually added. After waiting two hours for your badge if you still have not received it simply go to this thread: Need a Badge? and follow the instructions.

• How do you get a new rank?
Ranks such as Newb, NPC, etc. are given out on a per trophy level, and or per discord level. The more trophies you receive the higher your points go, and the more you level up! As well as the more you post on discord, the higher your rank will be. For example, to get NPC on discord you must be at least level 10. As well as if you'd like to get NPC on the website you must have at least 20 points.

• What are the requirements for ranks on both discord and the website?
Newb: Be registered
NPC: 20 Trophy Points
Adventurer: 50 Trophy Points
Local Hero: 100 Trophy Points
Hero: 150 Trophy Points
If you have any other questions you'd like answered please post them below.

Attachments

Last edited:

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
I've updated the F.A.Q. to include how we giveaway free games daily, and how you can obtain them!

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Why are the badges on a 1 hour timer? xD Why not instant?
cron entries take up a lot of resources, if it was on an instant timer that mean it'd check all users every millisecond, and cause the site to become almost unusable in speed.

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: