Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

GameHandOut's Discord Server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Today, 08:16
GameHandout's Discord Server

Well every person familiar to gaming or internet knows about discordapp now, so im updating this thread with less advertisement like junk.

You can read about what the app does in detail by scrolling down on the website HERE

Why?
  1. Play games, talk or chat with each other.
  2. Quickly contact Admins/Moderators
  3. Optional, but fun mostly

Last edited:

Triblaze

God of Gaming
Local time
Yesterday, 23:16
@CasualCastiel prettify lol
Interesting concept. I may give it a shot, but most times I don't usually go for these team hunting programs. But who knows, this may rope me in.

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
@CasualCastiel prettify lol
Interesting concept. I may give it a shot, but most times I don't usually go for these team hunting programs. But who knows, this may rope me in.
It's like an alternative to the skype group, Skype is not good when it comes to handling too large groups of people like TS or mumble is. TS or mumble requires a dedicated server to be run. This is pretty much TS or Mumble except the hosting is free.

You dont really have to play games or anything in this thing, i'm planning on adding dedicated chatrooms for specific topics in the future too. And maybe add a roleplay room XD

Well, this is a partnering up thing, You can either talk to people or game with people and i hope it will help people to partner up more easily... Or just talk random funny crap to each other :)

Triblaze

God of Gaming
Local time
It's like an alternative to the skype group, Skype is not good when it comes to handling too large groups of people like TS or mumble is. TS or mumble requires a dedicated server to be run. This is pretty much TS or Mumble except the hosting is free.

You dont really have to play games or anything in this thing, i'm planning on adding dedicated chatrooms for specific topics in the future too. And maybe add a roleplay room XD

Well, this is a partnering up thing, You can either talk to people or game with people and i hope it will help people to partner up more easily... Or just talk random funny crap to each other :)
Sold, I love roleplay games. Can I be dungeon master? LOL XD

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Today, 04:16
I'll prettify tomorrow, I'm feeling kinda pooped right now. XD I like this discourse discord thing, I might give it a try~ <3

Last edited:

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
I'll prettify tomorrow, I'm feeling kinda pooped right now. XD I like this discourse thing, I might give it a try~ <3
The prettify thing was actually a joke ^_^ It's nothing you need to do unless you really want to.
It's pretty neat, Now that skype is so darn unbalanced and randomely crash.... and have a lot of ads. This alternative is pretty dang nice :)

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
The prettify thing was actually a joke ^_^ It's nothing you need to do unless you really want to.
It's pretty neat, Now that skype is so darn unbalanced and randomely crash.... and have a lot of ads. This alternative is pretty dang nice :)
I don't mind doing it if you don't mind me messing with the post. XD

Yeah, don't get me started on Skype... lol

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
I don't mind doing it if you don't mind me messing with the post. XD

Yeah, don't get me started on Skype... lol
You have my full permission <3

I actually found this to be a viable alternative to Skype, you can have admin rooms. Specified rooms for different things such as events. You can even send files to people (if they have that permission checked).

While it does not have screensharing/webcamera function it does provide the ability to be connected using the WEB. And the IOS app appears to be better than the skype app.

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
You have my full permission <3
While it does not have screensharing/webcamera function it does provide the ability to be connected using the WEB. And the IOS app appears to be better than the skype app.
I didn't want to use the web version (more tabs open, no thanks lol) so I tried to install the windows app, buuuuut I guess it doesn't like Windows 7 because it crashed midway and now won't work at all. :3 I R lucky with these things~ pX

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
I didn't want to use the web version (more tabs open, no thanks lol) so I tried to install the windows app, buuuuut I guess it doesn't like Windows 7 because it crashed midway and now won't work at all. :3 I R lucky with these things~ pX
Oh god yeah, you are really unlucky >.< I'll run a virtual Windows 7 and try to troubleshoot the problem (if i have the problem).

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Ahh, grabbed the ios app. Now I need to figure out how to get to the gamehand room on mobile.
I believe you still just type in the URL, but i will check for how you do it.

Already has ten ^_^ Casual might not have it yet, or she is waiting for them to iron out the bugs (Such as the crash when you put the PC to sleep mode)

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Oh god yeah, you are really unlucky >.< I'll run a virtual Windows 7 and try to troubleshoot the problem (if i have the problem).
Orz it was really weird. The installer had the icon you get when there's no icon XD and it seemed to be working and then just poof, "not responding" forever. No error or anything, it just crashed, and when I tried to reinstall, it would open and close itself without more.

Eh, I rather like my privacy, my "not everything has to be online" and my "this is a desktop not a tablet" from windows 7. XD Besides, even when I actually wanted to try 10 I still couldn't get it to work. I just gave up and didn't bother anymore.

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Orz it was really weird. The installer had the icon you get when there's no icon XD and it seemed to be working and then just poof, "not responding" forever. No error or anything, it just crashed, and when I tried to reinstall, it would open and close itself without more.

Eh, I rather like my privacy, my "not everything has to be online" and my "this is a desktop not a tablet" from windows 7. XD Besides, even when I actually wanted to try 10 I still couldn't get it to work. I just gave up and didn't bother anymore.
Alright i will trouble shoot that, alternatively the file you downloaded might have been damaged... or it failed to install properly so i'd suggest reinstalling in that case >.<

Windows 7 is fully viable, i still kinda prefer 7 to 10 because reasons. But 10 is totally fine.... after you turn off computer information sharing

Triblaze

God of Gaming
Local time
Alright i will trouble shoot that, alternatively the file you downloaded might have been damaged... or it failed to install properly so i'd suggest reinstalling in that case >.<

Windows 7 is fully viable, i still kinda prefer 7 to 10 because reasons. But 10 is totally fine.... after you turn off computer information sharing
Of course why would you want to give your internet password to your friends friend on facebook. That's a terrible idea -.-

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Ahh, grabbed the ios app. Now I need to figure out how to get to the gamehand room on mobile.
Alright i checked it out... you need to join the room on your Desktop then you can use the phone to stay connected to the room.

They are gonna add mobile joining in the future, the app is a bit less to date than the desktop version. Checked with the developer on twitter.

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
@therealattacka I approve of this :) and I'll join it when I get home.
Haha alright awesome, I'm gonna fix some sections of the Handout Server to make it less testy and stuf ^_^
[DOUBLEPOST=1439410293,1439238515][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry for the broken link guys, i fixed it now. Also it's less testy, Both Xyp, Me(x2), Casual and Samkiud are in here by this stage. so come by if you wanna chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: