Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

Hello World!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local time
Today, 21:01
Hello there!
I saw people posting about this site on twitter and player.me and I figured I would take a peek. Seems interesting enough.

I got some game codes and I was wondering if I can donate them to gamehandout? Is there a feature like that here on the site?

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 02:01
Hello and welcome to the community Katrina! (If you didn't wish to include your full name as your username PM me and I can change it for you :) )

Yes, there is actually. I haven't made an official post about it however you can sell your games for GH$ to us directly simply by PMing me. (Though when it comes to giving out GH$ we're like GameStop XP However, you can donate the codes to us for a raffle. We'd then put your game in our raffle, and allow users to enter by paying GH$10 (Or if you'd like it something else you can specify). At the end of the raffle you will get 25% of the GH$ from the raffle.

Local time
Yes, there is actually. I haven't made an official post about it however you can sell your games for GH$ to us directly simply by PMing me.
Are there any plans to set a system for future game codes donations/trades in the future?

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Are there any plans to set a system for future game codes donations/trades in the future?
The only system I thought was to enable the raffle system we have in place be accessible to all members. However, the person who designed it out right said he would never do it, even with an upfront payment. So, as of now no. However, I'm always looking for more ways to improve the site, so if I come across anything that'll work the same I'll be sure to implament it :)

Local time
I can understand the reluctance of having an auto system, since people can abuse it. You don't want another G2A scandal happening here, even if there's no direct profit except for getting GH$ for other games. Which of course they could just sell the code elsewhere if they wanted to.
Maybe a waiting list of a game name they got and if approved by staff member, then the user will send the code. I'm guessing you wouldn't want a bunch of junk games being sent automatically either.

Elocrypt

Local Hero
Newb
Local time
Today, 00:01
I can understand the reluctance of having an auto system, since people can abuse it. You don't want another G2A scandal happening here, even if there's no direct profit except for getting GH$ for other games. Which of course they could just sell the code elsewhere if they wanted to.
Maybe a waiting list of a game name they got and if approved by staff member, then the user will send the code. I'm guessing you wouldn't want a bunch of junk games being sent automatically either.
The only efficient way I have seen online trading with game codes / accounts and what not was to have a approved/trusted middleman.
And to become a middleman you'd have to have a good history of trades through player vouchers, which is pretty hard to do without a middleman because not many people trade without one. Anyway, welcome to GH fellow Player, glad more of you are coming here. :p It's kinda quiet here.

Local time
The only efficient way I have seen online trading with game codes / accounts and what not was to have a approved/trusted middleman.
And to become a middleman you'd have to have a good history of trades through player vouchers, which is pretty hard to do without a middleman because not many people trade without one. Anyway, welcome to GH fellow Player, glad more of you are coming here. :p It's kinda quiet here.
Yeah it is quiet here. Makes me nervous I might post too much and get called a spammer. lul.
I sent the codes to Xyphien and already has one of the games on raffle now.

Elocrypt

Local Hero
Newb
Local time
Yeah it is quiet here. Makes me nervous I might post too much and get called a spammer. lul.
Nice, I have a bunch of codes. Although I use mine for trading and future stream giveaways!

Local time
Nice, I have a bunch of codes. Although I use mine for trading and future stream giveaways!
I don't have that many and the codes I had has been sitting there with no owner for really long time. They are better off going to people who know enough people to find the games a forever home.

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
You don't have to worry about being called a spammer :) We need active people to make it less quite :3 We're working on getting more people, and having people who post as much as you is something I personally love to see :D

Local time
You don't have to worry about being called a spammer :) We need active people to make it less quite :3 We're working on getting more people, and having people who post as much as you is something I personally love to see :D
Seeing my face filling up the feed is a little weird tho. lul

But yeah, for more activity to happen, someone has to stimulate conversation one way or another. >:)>:)>:)>:)

Elocrypt

Local Hero
Newb
Local time
Well in that case, I'll probably post a lot more. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: