How the site works

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen of GameHandout! I am here today to explain exactly how the forum/site works! Many people have been asking things here and there on how the site works, how do you make money, can you make money doing this, doing that, how can I send people money, etc. Well, I'm here to tell you how everything works! :D

Forum Currency: GH$ Also known as GameHandout Cash is awarded to anyone who posts topics, replies to posts, etc. GH$ is then used to exchange for games via the shop found HERE This awards you, the user for being active on the site, and allows you better chances to win some games if you cannot seem to catch a break winning anything via any of our giveaways. This way, it's not just a site of chance, but also rewards you with hard work, and being apart of the community.

Shop & Games: GameHandout is a gaming community dedicated to giving back to the... gaming community. This is why we offer a shop :) The shop has a list of all the games we currently have and are giving away, this way you can also see what games will be held in competitions, and generally what games we have to offer. We, the staff of GameHandout pay, and provide these games as a selfless service to the community, we spend our own money on the games, and what we buy is it. We do not accept recommendations to add games, as if we don't have it already, chances are we can't afford it right now. This comes out of our own pockets after all.

System: Our whole system, the medals, shop purchases, giveaways, etc. is all manually done. We have to go in and do this manually, and myself (@Xyphien) tend to be the only one who knows how to do 90% of this currently, so I'm stuck doing it all by myself most of the time. This being said, you will not get a medal, shop purchase, etc. automatically. If you buy a game via the shop, do something to get a medal, etc. you must PM me directly with a screenshot of the purchase/what you did for the medal/etc. and when I get home from whatever I'm doing I'll add/give it to you manually.

Staff: We do not pay the staff members, they are staff because they love the community, and want to help it achieve something greater. They also get little to no benefits, this means they don't get any money bonus, higher chance of winning games, etc. This being said they are in fact able to participate in any giveaway, and event they wish to participate in, as well as purchase games for themselves. They should not get punished for taking time out of their day to help out the community, and help run the forums.

Giveaways: We host giveaways whenever we feel the need to, or wish to do it. Once again, we do this out of our own free will, and will not host a giveaway simply because someone requested it. Our giveaways are also not always the standard "Do this and this to participate" giveaways, we can randomly give out games to a random active member, host a posting giveaway, event giveaways. The best way to make the best out of the giveaways is to join all of our social media! You can find a link to that HERE

More Information: If I still didn't answer a question you may have feel free to ask it below. I'm more than happy to answer any information, and if it's something important I'll even add it to this post. I hope this helped answer a few questions, and shed some like on how this whole thing works.

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Yup! Just by dropping by as often as you can you'll be sure to find stuff you want to engage in, and earn what you need for them! :)

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Funny thing, my dad is actually German (NO NAZI JOKES)
ALL TEH NAZI JOKES!"

Sure don't worry :D So I live in Ireland so you can make all the potatoe lucky charm alcohol jokes you want haha
Oh it's okay, i live in sweden so you can make all the Homosexual and racist jokes, because that's what we are here (According to the southeast Europe).
Or you could make viking jokes, works just as well but dont forget to do the viking jokes to norway too.
Also I DO NOT KNOW PEWDIEPIE!

I hope this isn't racist do you watch jacksepticeye since he is the leading youtube in ireland
Oh, i watch jacksepticeye time to time, even if i'm not Irish <3