Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

Is The Sims 4 better than the Sims 3?

Which is better?

• Sims 3

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Sims 4

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasGodzilla

God of Gaming
VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:47
I always wondered this question myself but I always thought The Sims 3 was better than the 4th one from what I saw. But I am curious, does anyone here actually have any statement about this or so? I really am wondering which is better lately...

Local time
MOST DEFINITELY.
The create a sim is much more detailed.
Building houses are too.
The graphics are 10x better.
EVERYTHING ABOUT SIMS 4 IS BETTER.
I mean, Sims 3 has a lot of DLC but Sims 4 is steadily adding more on.
[DOUBLEPOST=1440122184,1440122167][/DOUBLEPOST]I won't go back to Sims 3.

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Today, 02:47
Having not played 4 myself, only watched streams, I can't really tell from experience. I'm rather fond of the older ones though. I still aaaalllllmost prefered 2 over 3 even if 3 fixed a lot of stuff... But maybe if I had a chance to try it I'd think otherwise. XD Then again, I'm old and reluctant to change :p

LucasGodzilla

God of Gaming
VIP
Local time
MOST DEFINITELY.
The create a sim is much more detailed.
Building houses are too.
The graphics are 10x better.
EVERYTHING ABOUT SIMS 4 IS BETTER.
I mean, Sims 3 has a lot of DLC but Sims 4 is steadily adding more on.
[DOUBLEPOST=1440122184,1440122167][/DOUBLEPOST]I won't go back to Sims 3.
Well I agree, Create a Sim looks much better, but are the graphics better? In my opinion oddly enough, the Sims 3 have better graphics (or it could be the extra cartoony look in the 4th one). And from what I've heard, the Sims 4 is extremely lacking. I also know that you can't have a very streamlined world like in the third one...

Having not played 4 myself, only watched streams, I can't really tell from experience. I'm rather fond of the older ones though. I still aaaalllllmost prefered 2 over 3 even if 3 fixed a lot of stuff... But maybe if I had a chance to try it I'd think otherwise. XD Then again, I'm old and reluctant to change :p
I do own the second game actually, used to play on it before I realized the third one was much better, and I do have to say. The game was a bit more confusing than the third one, but eh that's just me...

Local time
Well I agree, Create a Sim looks much better, but are the graphics better? In my opinion oddly enough, the Sims 3 have better graphics (or it could be the extra cartoony look in the 4th one). And from what I've heard, the Sims 4 is extremely lacking. I also know that you can't have a very streamlined world like in the third one...
The graphics are definitely better but it all depends on your setup. I have a alien-ware so I can run it at max graphics.
I don't understand what streamlined world means but there are 4 different towns? They even added a town that is completely empty so you fill it with your creations. I like that.

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 00:47
I like this sims 4, but they did remove some stuff that I liked in the sims 3. Though no game compares to the sims original. I'd personally play Sims 4 over 3, so I guess that means I do like it more.

Local time
I like this sims 4, but they did remove some stuff that I liked in the sims 3. Though no game compares to the sims original. I'd personally play Sims 4 over 3, so I guess that means I do like it more.
I do have to agree, they did take some things away that I liked BUT they are making up for it with the newer stuff that they are releasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: