Look of the site?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Hello everyone, we're aware the look of the site has changed significantly, this was with @Xyphien *ME* being stupid and deleting some files that weren't suppose to be deleted. I'm currently working on getting these files back up so we will be able to get the site looking like it was. Until then, please be patient and ignore the bland look it currently has.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437621153,1437583218][/DOUBLEPOST]So... I may have to re-make everything over again because I have a slight feeling that I won't be able to get any of the content back that I had prior. Which means I might be changing up the whole theme. I haven't quite decided, it will have the same concept to it, but I may make it look a tad bit different. Add/change some things, etc.

CasualCastiel

God of Gaming
Staff member
Website
acasualreview.wordpress.com
Sorry to hear you couldn't recover the stuff @Xyphien ;( I know how frustrating it can be when something like that happens.
The site might look a little plain, but it's not bad, and hey! Look at the bright side! Everything still seems quite readable! lol *hugs* Take your time to get things as you need them. :)

IceGolem

God of Gaming
Wait.. something changed ? Didn't notice lol :D Anyways, just take your time, don't rush :) I'm a little curious abou new theme of the website :)

CasualCastiel

God of Gaming
Staff member
Website
It was looking the same to me when this was first posted, but then some of the background images disappeared. XD It was probably my cache at the time still showing them.

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
lol Wayback machine it then because they existed. :p
Speaking of which, @Xyphien can't you snatch the image files from the wayback machine somehow? 'cause I still see them there.
I don't think so, you're not able to download background images like that via anything unless you have the FTP files. Some sites use background images like http://www.gamehandout.com/image/bananacherryblossem.jpg *Not a real image* Well, this image is only available if the image folder is up, which it isn't anymore. So, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work. It's fine though, it means we can give this site a fresh new look. Though we will more than likely use the same type of structure.

CasualCastiel

God of Gaming
Staff member
Website
I don't think so, you're not able to download background images like that via anything unless you have the FTP files. Some sites use background images like http://www.gamehandout.com/image/bananacherryblossem.jpg *Not a real image* Well, this image is only available if the image folder is up, which it isn't anymore. So, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work. It's fine though, it means we can give this site a fresh new look. Though we will more than likely use the same type of structure.
Ah, that's too bad. The images were still there on the waybackmachine though, so I figured maybe there'd be some way around it. But yeah, a new look might not be bad. Keep things fresh. :)
Too bad the blogs are gone, it looked like there were some neat reviews there.

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Ah, that's too bad. The images were still there on the waybackmachine though, so I figured maybe there'd be some way around it. But yeah, a new look might not be bad. Keep things fresh. :)
Too bad the blogs are gone, it looked like there were some neat reviews there.
I was thinking about adding the blogs back so you all can write your own reviews seeing as this is a big thing for you all :) I'll make a pole about it here soon!

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Maybe it's time for a brand new theme.
Some things are starting to look not-so-pretty.

this is a brand new theme lol. I'm working on changing the CSS and everything to make it match. I just threw the css into it, I'll be going through it later today and making it all match the header/footer color.

About NXKU

NXKU is a social platform that connects gamers with the games they should be playing. From Video Games to table top games like TGCS and board games a community for all.

Follow Us