Pass the World [Minecraft]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sage

Council
Staff member
Council
We're going to try something I've seen on the Minecraft forums a few times. It seems pretty fun, and I know that a ton of people already have the game. So, I think it would be a good idea.

In this thread, we will all play on the same minecraft world (not server). Essentially, we'll all take turns playing on the same world.

Here's a basic example to help you get a better picture:
  1. I start the world and build a house. Then I create a thread and upload the file.
  2. @Xyphien wants to go next, so he posts a comment on the thread and downloads the map. A day later, he uploads it again after he builds a farm.
  3. I go next, so I post and download the file. Then I build a cool tower and upload it again.
  4. You come in and build a farm.
  5. etc.

When it's your turn you can either pick up where the previous player left off, start building something new or useful, go resource hunting, or whatever you feel like doing. It's completely up to you. The point is to see how well all of us here at Game Handout can collaborate on something. Just try not to leave off in a bad spot for the next person.

I'll lay out some Ground Rules to make things a bit easier.
  1. Post a comment saying you'll go next so that two people don't do it at the same time.
  2. You have one day (24 hours) to play and upload the file before you get skipped.
  3. Be mindful of other people's creations, or you won't get another turn.
  4. Don't leave off in dangerous situations.
  5. You can't go twice in a row.
  6. We will be using the latest version of minecraft (Currently 1.7.9)

That's all I can think of, so without further ado, I present the world:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/89aa53umpg6dghh/GH_World.zip

I started off by building a house complete with a bed, two furnaces, and a crafting table; and a mine.

In this thread, we can collaborate on what we plan to do next, talk about how cool the world is, and the order of who goes next.

As far as uploading the world goes, I might make a google drive or dropbox or something, but for now I recommend Mediafire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
I just got my sleep schedule back to normal, and now have a lot of extra time to do as I please :D Will finally be more active, as I can manage my time a lot better. *Also edited the rules to add that I can only assume we'll be using the latest version of minecraft. I currently use 1.6.4 as it has pixelmon. So I had to randomly load the new patch*

I'll take this off, and right outside the house I'll be adding some scenery such as a garden, and a farm.

I have finished. I've added some scenery, and a farm as promised. I've also added in a chicken farm for future meat/eggs.

BEFORE:
before.png

AFTER:
after.png

Download Link Below.

Attachments

Last edited:

sage

Council
Staff member
Council
I will go next. I'll probably make the house nicer or find something random to build.
I'll also try to gather a bunch of materials.

@Xyphien How did you get GH to upload the file? I tried earlier, but it was too big.

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
I will go next. I'll probably make the house nicer or find something random to build.
I'll also try to gather a bunch of materials.

@Xyphien How did you get GH to upload the file? I tried earlier, but it was too big.
I did as well, so I increased the file size from 1mb to 50mb.

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
It's been 24 hours sage, you're breaking your own rules!!!!!!!! Where is the file link?!?!?

sage

Council
Staff member
Council
Shhhhhhhh.
I said or else you'll be skipped. There's no one here to skip me, so I'm taking a little extra time. ;)

I haven't had the chance to play yet. :x

sage

Council
Staff member
Council
Alright, I finally got around to playing.

First, I found some melon seeds and random stuff in the mine. So, I went and added a melon section to the farm.
2014-05-17_17.06.19.png

Then, I killed 70% of the trees so that we had a decent view from our house. (I also lit up the area.)
2014-05-17_17.06.25.png

And, finally, I planted all of the saplings across the water and built a little bridge.

2014-05-17_17.06.12.png

Attachments

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
upload_2014-5-26_20-30-59.png

I changed up the look of spawn, and the mining area. I gathered some resources and looked for a lava spawn to get obsidian for a nether portal, but sadly had no such luck.

Attachments

sage

Council
Staff member
Council
You read my mind ;)

/claimed-and-downloading

-----

I tended the garden, straightened up the interior of the house, and added a second story.
I'm going to have to make it look nicer next time.
2015-06-21_21.43.44.png

Attachments

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
CLAIMED & DOWNLOADING <3
[DOUBLEPOST=1435429240,1435105353][/DOUBLEPOST]I've added a dock to the right to fish, made a fishingpole as well as added light posts.

done.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1440048020][/DOUBLEPOST]@keirzilla you should work on this, take a try at updating it :D

Attachments

keirzilla

MERMAID
CLAIMED & DOWNLOADING <3
[DOUBLEPOST=1435429240,1435105353][/DOUBLEPOST]I've added a dock to the right to fish, made a fishingpole as well as added light posts.

View attachment 309
[DOUBLEPOST=1440048020][/DOUBLEPOST]@keirzilla you should work on this, take a try at updating it :D
Give me a detailed list of what you want done and I'll try my best! Won't be till tomorrow and I won't be able to work on it much but I'll try :D

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
Give me a detailed list of what you want done and I'll try my best! Won't be till tomorrow and I won't be able to work on it much but I'll try :D
What ever you want to add lol. It's all about what you're currently trying to do with it. Make it look better, upgrade it, expand. It doesn't matter :D

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Hi, welcome to the forum! I see you've been making really short answers in several threads. Short answers won't give you GH$, so there's no point in spamming one or two word posts. Please try to write more meaningful posts in the future. It'd be good too if you could read the FAQ/rules, and maybe drop by the introduction forum to introduce yourself and tell us a bit more about what games you like and such. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.