Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

[PSA] Don't sell stuff on G2A.com (buying is not recommended either)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:14
First of all,for those who don't know what G2A.com is,it's the site for reselling keys/Steam gifts.
You can see it's ads all over the web.
And they're the scummiest company ever. They're worse than Ubisoft and EA combined (I respect those companies in a certain way actually) .

Now,here's what happened.
I have bought Mortal Kombat Arkade Kollection on there. You have "G2A shield" option which protects you off scams and used keys (btw. you have to buy G2A shield on every product,so that's 1€ extra on every single game you're about to purchase) . I've got used key,contacted their support and they refused to give me my key or refund it. I've opened a ticket,but I never got any reply on that either.

Over the months,I totally forgot about it. In the meanwhile,I've sold few keys for 0,1€ or so. Then I went to some higher stacks. I've sold Dead Space 2 Origin key for 3,5€ (with fee included,so actually 3,25€ should be in my account) . Then I've got a notification that I've sold a product.
I was like Yay,but then I saw only 1,7€ in my account. I was about to buy games worth 1,62$ with my G2A wallet. Then they said I have insufficent funds. I changed value to euros,maybe that was the problem. But no,it didn't help either. I contacted their support and asked why I only got 1,7€ instead of 3,25€. They said it's due to "Successful transaction fee" . Successful transaction fee is 0,5€ per auction+8% of the game's worth.
So basically,when I sold those two keys for 0,1€,I owed them 0,70€ or so.
And my customer for Dead Space 2 said key was used. I know I didn't use key,so I was about to contact Origin support,but then I've realised I cannot login on EA servers because of two-factor authentification.
I did a refund to the customer,and now I owe them 1,8€ (they didn't got fees back) . Fuck them,I'll just make another account huehuehue.

TL:DR : I sold 3 keys worth 3,5€,I owe them 1,8€

By buying from G2A you don't endorse developers,you're in risk of getting scammed,or even getting banned from Steam,as 30% of keys are stolen keys or gifts.

Did you ever get any experience like this before ? How it ended ? Do you hate G2A like me as well ?
We'll discuss down below. :)

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
I really dislike their buisness strategy, while it's nice that people can "re-sell" their keys it's not particularly nice of G2A to take so much money from each transaction.

Compared to G2A, EA is a nice guy ._. atleast they have a really good customer support.
All the games i actually buy is stuff i get on steam sales, it contributes to the developer (althou less) but still some bit at least.

Also..... G2A needs to figure out how "transaction tax" is supposed to work ._. you dont drag it form the max price of the original game...

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
Local time
Can you imagine what those idiots are doing ? You sell the game for 1€ let's say. From that 1$ you get 0,75€ (don't know why) ,then they take you 0,5€ successful transaction fee.
You got 0,25€ . And they take you 8% of the game price,which is 0,08€. From 1€,you get only 0,17€.

EA isn't bad at all. It'd be best if it hadn't those microtransactions and DLCs which make the game playable.

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
Local time
They may be good,but I decided I will buy only from official stores (and gamingdragons.com maybe)

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 19:14
Hey, I know this is a dead post however I've been selling through G2A for a while now and I've made a few hundred off of it thus far. I personally feel that it's really good to sell. On the other hand I have purchased a few things from there, but with any site that allows it's community to resell items there's a chance of you getting scammed. For example, not to long ago someone purchased an Iphone 7 from ebay. When they opened up the box they got an Iphone 5 and an Iphone 2 with a fusion card in it. A bit on the humorous side, however it's still a scam reguardless. I haven't gotten scammed yet, nor have I had problems outside of the text code not being sent to my phone to access my money and have it sent (Which has been fixed). :)

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
Local time
Hey, I know this is a dead post however I've been selling through G2A for a while now and I've made a few hundred off of it thus far. I personally feel that it's really good to sell. On the other hand I have purchased a few things from there, but with any site that allows it's community to resell items there's a chance of you getting scammed. For example, not to long ago someone purchased an Iphone 7 from ebay. When they opened up the box they got an Iphone 5 and an Iphone 2 with a fusion card in it. A bit on the humorous side, however it's still a scam reguardless. I haven't gotten scammed yet, nor have I had problems outside of the text code not being sent to my phone to access my money and have it sent (Which has been fixed). :)
It's not a problem when people like you and me sell stuff. Ability to resell is excellent but it can be abused. Of course, probability of getting scammed is damn small but I dislike their support which basically says "Welp you should've bought G2A shield" instead of punishing scammers. I haven't sold anything there for over a year but their fee policies were damn harsh back then (perhaps you could earn on more valuable products). Also they introduced paying via SMS text, which had incredibly high fees (game for 1€ would have cost me over 7€). Perhaps fees are lower in USA.
Leave your ref code @Xyphien just in case I were to buy something from there.
Also, edit: It's funny how illiterate I was in english just a year ago. lol

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 19:14
How different is Kinguin to G2A?
I haven't heard of Kinguin, but it looks to be of the same genre as G2A. Are you able to both buy, and sell games on there? As well as set your prices for them? If so, then it's pretty much the same.

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Today, 22:14
That's too bad, I was considering maybe buying something off Kinguin, but I didn't in the end because I was afraid of all the scams and such people talk about all the time.

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
Local time
That's too bad, I was considering maybe buying something off Kinguin, but I didn't in the end because I was afraid of all the scams and such people talk about all the time.
I mean, you have 1% chance of getting scammed probably, but just beware. Pretty much like EBay.
Just watch for seller's rating.

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Today, 22:14
I mean, you have 1% chance of getting scammed probably, but just beware. Pretty much like EBay.
Just watch for seller's rating.
Yeah, I'm always careful with ratings. Really, more than the price, the only reason I was considering going through them was because it seems they take paypal a lot easier than Origin does. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: