Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

Questions regarding Steam Game Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaestroC96

God of Gaming
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:03
I have many good games in my library and when it comes to playing them, I'm bit moody. Now problem arises when I don't have the game which I wanna play installed.
I have two questions which I googled but didn't find satisfactory answers.
Ques. 1)
Is it possible to replace some large (~2gb) pirated game files which I already have with the ones steam downloads?
Explanation : I have Tomb Raider pirated files and in them some .tiger files comprise 80-90% of the size and they are same in original and pirated game. Now I wanna use them by replacing them while steam downloads original game. Is it possible?

Ques. 2)
I have bit slow internet. But there's a place with good internet nearby but I can't carry my desktop there :/ so is there any site which uploads steam backups or something like that?

Update :
Answer. 1 - I simply kept the un-modded files of non-rip version in steamapps/common and clicked on Install.
All steps are just like normal but after steam window progress bar shows allocating space and preparing files, it shows Discovering installed files and if that step is successful then those files are transferred from common to downloading folder of steamapps.
You should see almost completed download of that game.
But it doesn't work with Rips.

Ans 2. - Simply answer is NO.

Last edited:

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 19:33
Awesome, I'm glad you found out the answer. Not going to lie, I saw this a while ago and I've been looking up how to answer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: