Re-sized images a bit smaller?

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
I have a small suggestion. Right now it seems large images are re-sized to fit the post; it's nice to have big images in one look, but when you're posting quite a few in a row (like for instance in reviews), they overpower the text so that all you're doing is looking at the images, and it feels (to me, anyway) like they get more in the way than serve as aid to the text.
Since you can click them to see the full size anyway, would it be doable to make the thumbnail smaller? Perhaps at least half the current size? Or is there a way to manually make them smaller? Or am I the only one who sees them that big? :p

Thanks for reading~ o///o

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Yes, the images are pretty big, i fixed this by changing the CSS just as i did with "gamehandout dark theme" in the exchange section of the website.

I have a guide how to inject CSS in this thread:
http://gamehandout.com/threads/pay-what-you-want-forum-dark-theme-version-1-1.394/

The code you can Inject into the website to change the size of thread images is:
Code:
    .messageText img, .messageText iframe, .messageText object, .messageText embed {
    max-width: 50%;
}
Replace 50% with desired size, 100% is the standard size and 50% is the size i use

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
I have a small suggestion. Right now it seems large images are re-sized to fit the post; it's nice to have big images in one look, but when you're posting quite a few in a row (like for instance in reviews), they overpower the text so that all you're doing is looking at the images, and it feels (to me, anyway) like they get more in the way than serve as aid to the text.
Since you can click them to see the full size anyway, would it be doable to make the thumbnail smaller? Perhaps at least half the current size? Or is there a way to manually make them smaller? Or am I the only one who sees them that big? :p

Thanks for reading~ o///o
There is option to do that already. When you upload an image, you can put it in the text via thumbnail. This makes it entirely up to the person uploading the pictures to use the thumbnail or not.

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
There is option to do that already. When you upload an image, you can put it in the text via thumbnail. This makes it entirely up to the person uploading the pictures to use the thumbnail or not.
Hmm but you're talking about attachments, right? (I think) I'm talking about inline images - the ones you may link from your own site, dropbox, or flickr or whatever image uploading site that may not have an automated thumbnail. When I try to put images inline via the image button I don't get any sizing options. Maybe I'm just not seeing it though?

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Hmm but you're talking about attachments, right? (I think) I'm talking about inline images - the ones you may link from your own site, dropbox, or flickr or whatever image uploading site that may not have an automated thumbnail. When I try to put images inline via the image button I don't get any sizing options. Maybe I'm just not seeing it though?
I dont see those either