Shop Closed Permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
Hello ladies and gentlemen of GameHandout. I am here today to dreadfully tell you I will no longer be putting any more money into GameHandout. I've dropped so much time, money, heart and soul into GH over the past 3 years. I've done everything I could, updated and upgraded everything I was able to. Sadly however, it was all in vein. I can no longer keep dropping money into GH despite the fact that I enjoy helping out the community, and everyone in it. You all have been an amazing part of something that could have gotten huge, but sadly was unable to. I've spent years developing this site. What started out as a blog turned into something with spirit, and it's own personality. Though looking back, I spent three years, and thousands of dollars investing in GameHandout. I've purchased thousands in games, advertisements, SEO, promotions, upgrades, plugins, traffic, and more. I'm unfortunately unable to dish out money anymore for this site.

This being said, around December 25th I will be doing one massive giveaway dump giving away any and all games we may still have in our system to any and everyone interested.

I will be keeping the forums up and running as just a gaming community, and nothing more. You all are more than welcome to trade your games or give them away to one another, but I will be unable to bring any to the table anymore myself. As for the shop, I will no longer be able to bring that back either. There was a huge incident, and it will cost me more than I can spear as of now. You will be restricted to the forums only for your game trading and giveaways.

Once again, I deeply regret saying this as I've put so much into the site, a part of me will be forever lost with this site that I won't ever get back. I appreciate everyone who has became apart of the site. Who knows, maybe one day I'll come back and re-open the site, change it up some. It has happened to this site before.

I'll continue to check in on things every once and again, post around, update the theme if possible, etc. Other than that my focus has to be elsewhere unfortunately.

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
Woah,I just read the title.
I got the feeling same as someone close to you suddenly dies.
But then I read that forum is going to stay.
I've made a few good friends here. Also,the admin staff is nice and kind.
And I'm really grateful for what you have done to me over the year.
What we need to keep the site is posting more often.
I'll try to revive the forum by posting gaming news.
Also,on the member activity problem : IMHO it was shop's fault to bring so many new members that aren't active. People see free games,and only want free games. And when they realise it's not that easy,they simply quit,and that's the reason for inactivity.
Honestly,I think site would do better without it.
KEEP THE GH ALIVE ! :)

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Haha atleast the forum will be kept up, alas it's sad that it's come to this, but it might be for the better to be honest.

I will keep being active, althou a tiny bit less as i have things i need to do with my life now appearantly. I like the community too much to give up on this site

LucasGodzilla

God of Gaming
VIP
*sighs* Man I loved this place. I was surrounded by fun, kind, WARM people who could understand me. Now it's all going down the drain. It seems to me everything is getting worse these days, games and real-life. I mean come on, we literally just had a terrorist attack in Paris! Well, goodbye Xyph, goodbye everyone. We all had one good run. Like Xyph said, maybe someday this'll come back, stronger than ever.

It's raining right now... that doesn't help the mood. T_T

Well, I'll certainly stick around for that giveaway...

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
*sighs* Man I loved this place. I was surrounded by fun, kind, WARM people who could understand me. Now it's all going down the drain. It seems to me everything is getting worse these days, games and real-life. I mean come on, we literally just had a terrorist attack in Paris! Well, goodbye Xyph, goodbye everyone. We all had one good run. Like Xyph said, maybe someday this'll come back, stronger than ever.

It's raining right now... that doesn't help the mood. T_T

Well, I'll certainly stick around for that giveaway...
The site and community will stay up, just not the giveaways hosted by myself. I won't shut this site down, as I know I'll end up coming back to it one day to bring it back up. Will I do more giveaways? Probably not other than a few occasions.

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
@LucasGodzilla I've always thought you're from America. Then I noticed Lucas lol
I feel for you,bro. And I also hope that those shitholes of ISIS will die in a horrible death. Those people are pure maniacs,man. Bunch of brainwashed,indoctrinated fools.

Rosire Sabido

God of Gaming
VIP
Yeah Like sage said we can always still play together. Were not just here for the games really, okay maybe I was at first but not anymore. And once again BTW you spent thousands to keep this up OHHHH Men you could have just deposited it in the stock market or something. Anyways I will still come back from time to time to support the SITE.

AND XYPHIEN and SAGE and all you other guys THANKS FOR BEING AWESOME GUYS

iXanon

Øŋɇ Ŵĩŋḡɇď ₳ŋḡɇᶅ
Really sorry to hear you've been having issues behind the scenes - I feel for you with the time, money and effort that you've invested so far to reach an apparent "is this the beginning of the end?".

Hopefully people continue to visit and contribute despite the lack of giveaways, etc. and GameHandout can continue to live on. I can only apologise for my lack of activity over the past couple of months, but a full-time job alongside part-time study and general life stuff has gotten in the way.

Keep the faith, everyone has ups and downs and hopefully things will pick up again for you.

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
I just changed the title to make it not as misleading. We're not closing the website, just our shop and giveaways.

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
The shop is now up, however it is severely depleted and the price of a random game is higher than normal. This thread will now be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.