LucasGodzilla

God of Gaming
VIP
Does anyone else think it'd be a great idea to add the "Sign in with Steam" feature for the forums? It will certainly make things much tidier in my opinion.

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
I do not know if Xenforo supports this function, there might be a plugin that allows that but i'm not certain.

Xenforo like any other forum software uses it's own database tables that are made to work in a very specific way, it would would take an uneccesarily big amount of effort to port steams API to the Xenforo API and even then there would probably be instances where it would not work properly.

It's only my point of view, maybe Xyphien knows of a way to do it thou.

iXanon

Øŋɇ Ŵĩŋḡɇď ₳ŋḡɇᶅ
I believe there is an addon, but it used to have issues. I don't know if it's been fixed since..

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
I believe there is an addon, but it used to have issues. I don't know if it's been fixed since..
Any other sign in method has huge problems, and if you ever want to switch over from using that (Let's say the plugin stops being updated, etc.) you're going to have to hard reset all users who used their steam loggin by manually changing their password. ALL OF THEM, it happened when I switched from Wordpress to xenforo, and it was a HUGE MASSIVE pain in the ass.

Triblaze

God of Gaming
Any other sign in method has huge problems, and if you ever want to switch over from using that (Let's say the plugin stops being updated, etc.) you're going to have to hard reset all users who used their steam loggin by manually changing their password. ALL OF THEM, it happened when I switched from Wordpress to xenforo, and it was a HUGE MASSIVE pain in the ass.
Yeah lets not do that XD