Steam promises to make support better.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
Erik Johnson from Valve confirmed Steam is finally going to train it's employees how to solve problems faster.
He and Gabe admitted that their support sucks ass,but that they're trying to improve it.
Refunds were the 1st step to make it better,now they're working on efficiency of their workers.
As a guy who had like 7 unresponded tickets and 2 tickets responded within a month,I'm so frickin' happy about this. Even though I'd like for them to start live chat section,like Origin and Blizzard.

How many unresolved issues with Steam did you have ? How bad were they ? Did support helped you or just gave you those generic answers ?

Post down below :)

screwthetrees

God of Gaming
Staff member
Website
www.screwthetrees.pizza
I've never had anything with the steam support to do really, i've never had any problems with steam either.
But a better support is never worse, i've had many friends complain about the support of steam and how they had to wait ages for an answer.

What kind of tickets do you have anyway?

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
Well,most of them resolved themselves.
Replied ones were due to limited account and... ugh... can't remember.
The ones I haven't got reply were mostly Steam Guard app-related (codes weren't working,when I re-flashed my Android etc.) and rip-offs (multiple transactions for one game) . But everything's good now :)

screwthetrees

God of Gaming
Staff member
Website
www.screwthetrees.pizza
Well,most of them resolved themselves.
Replied ones were due to limited account and... ugh... can't remember.
The ones I haven't got reply were mostly Steam Guard app-related (codes weren't working,when I re-flashed my Android etc.) and rip-offs (multiple transactions for one game) . But everything's good now :)
Ah that's nice, technical problems are never nice tbh, i had annoying things with origin some time back (seriously... never use origin >.<)

~Dev

God of Gaming
Staff member
Admin
i am so happy about this. i had a error with playing csgo on the same lan and router, i submitted a ticket and they never responded..... 4 months later i figured it out for myself and i dont think i ever got a response....

IceGolem

God of Gaming
Erik Johnson from Valve confirmed Steam is finally going to train it's employees how to solve problems faster.
He and Gabe admitted that their support sucks ass,but that they're trying to improve it.
Refunds were the 1st step to make it better,now they're working on efficiency of their workers.
As a guy who had like 7 unresponded tickets and 2 tickets responded within a month,I'm so frickin' happy about this. Even though I'd like for them to start live chat section,like Origin and Blizzard.

How many unresolved issues with Steam did you have ? How bad were they ? Did support helped you or just gave you those generic answers ?

Post down below :)
When I got VAC banned on Black Ops 2, I made a ticket on Steam support and after a week, they started sending me those generic answers how they can't tell me any details on the BAN and shit like that.
2 months later when I found out that it was actually my "friend" who hacked in my Black Ops 2 (we shared libraries), I made a new ticket. To this day, they didn't respond.
I don't think that this ban policy is really just. IMO when a person uses hacks in shared game, only the hacker should get the ban, not the owner of the game. It's not my fucking fault that douchebag used hacks.

CasualCastiel

God of Gaming
Staff member
Website
acasualreview.wordpress.com
Please put a picture at the start of your post as per the rules. :)
What's the source on this btw? I'm curious about reading the whole article/interview in which they said that.

As for your question, I have 0 tickets with steam and I like it that way. XD I frigging hate Origin's live chat support though. I mean, I wouldn't mind if steam added it as an alternate method of contact, but having it or phone as the ONLY means of contact like origin does is AWFUL. I don't have all day to wait for a support person, I'd rather just send in a ticket or email and wait for them to get back whenever they frigging can (within reason, not like IFTTT support which took 3 months).
I tried to contact Origin support twice, twice they said "30 minutes wait time", and twice I was waiting for an hour plus............................................ finally just giving up because I got tired of waiting/had other things to do.

I don't think that this ban policy is really just. IMO when a person uses hacks in shared game, only the hacker should get the ban, not the owner of the game. It's not my fucking fault that douchebag used hacks.
Yeah, I don't feel it's a fair policy either. I hope you slapped your "friend" for that. XD

CasualCastiel

God of Gaming
Staff member
Website
acasualreview.wordpress.com
http://gamehandout.com/threads/rules-information.1132/
News, reviews and such appear on the homepage. It looks better with a picture, so we're asking all who post to place a picture at the top of their posts so it will look good on the homepage. :)

Thanks for the links. :)

Rosire Sabido

God of Gaming
VIP
Website
steamcommunity.com
I don't really have a problem with steam support but I have some problems with some of the game devs that abandon their games, like injustice or MK9 where multiplayer sucks as IE

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
Except this one has single player problems too. It says "Press enter to start" . When I press enter,nothing happens. And I can't refund it because it was key.

sage

God of Gaming
Staff member
Admin
Website
mr-sage.deviantart.com
The only ticket I've submitted was a few days ago. I bought ARK Survival, spent an hour trying to optimize it, gave up, and refunded it.
I'm not sure if the refund went through because I've been too lazy to check.

The minimum requirements for Ark are just wrong.
If you go to the store page and look at the reviews, you can see a ton of people complaining about how computers better than the minimum requirement only get 15-20 fps.

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
I mostly have pleasant experience with most of the games. Not that I have super-ultra-gaming-PC ,I have a crappy laptop,but I can run most of the games on low settings,even if the minimum requirements are so much higher than my rig.

YOURMOMSD

MLG PRO
Well thats a first that steam actually cared about it's support lol. After it just shut down getting back scammed items I thought it would be the end of that...

sage

God of Gaming
Staff member
Admin
Website
mr-sage.deviantart.com
I mostly have pleasant experience with most of the games. Not that I have super-ultra-gaming-PC ,I have a crappy laptop,but I can run most of the games on low settings,even if the minimum requirements are so much higher than my rig.
Yeah, that's usually the case. But Ark is horribly optimized, so it's the opposite.

About NXKU

NXKU is a social platform that connects gamers with the games they should be playing. From Video Games to table top games like TGCS and board games a community for all.

Follow Us