Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

Time limit

Local time
Today, 19:45
Hello,

I just joined the website and i noticed that you auto get the GH currency when posting a thread. I would recommend setting a time limit for the amount a user may post so they can not just spam the threads and get the currency for no reason that they deserve. please give me feedback if you think this is a good idea

Soleil

God of Gaming
Local time
Today, 18:45
Great idea. I was hoping somebody would post something about this. It's quite disheartening to see people abuse "the system" to get GH while others actually contribute to the conversation and just get drowned in the 'spam'.
Another idea is having a thread post limit. So people can't make tons of threads, also making them rack in a substantial amount of GH, and making it hard for others to keep track of all the newer threads. It could be hourly or even daily.

Thanks for bringing this up c:

cajko

God of Gaming
VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:45
I dont see any spam on this site.
Maybe mods are cleaning it or there isnt too much ppl that would use this as a means of getting GH$.

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 18:45
Hello,

I just joined the website and i noticed that you auto get the GH currency when posting a thread. I would recommend setting a time limit for the amount a user may post so they can not just spam the threads and get the currency for no reason that they deserve. please give me feedback if you think this is a good idea
We don't have a limit, however we have a minimum character count to help prevent spam giving you currency. If you type smaller, word posts such as one, two, or even three word posts you won't get any currency. I'm actually thinking about increasing this double to encourage better/higher quality replies and posts with the community. Thus also cutting back on future potential spam :)

MaestroC96

God of Gaming
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:15
Even I felt the same. No offense but I guess character limit is not ideal measure to ensure quality posts. Most appropriate one would be upvoted posts but that would require members to be very active.
So, this character limit and mods can filter out spams for time being but once we have more members and highly active threads, post limit or upvotes can be considered for generating GH$.

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: