Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Now i havent noticed this function before, it was however added 4 months ago but i never heard of it tbh.

This is currently a twitch beta function they have added(4 months ago :p), as a person who likes to read my chat while gaming the ~33% reduced delay is gonna be really nice.

Now there is a downside to this (obviously), people with slower connections "might" get a bit more buffering, as i said, it's a beta function after all and they are still working on tweaking it, obviously it comes with the issue that "fewer segments" are stored in your computer thus it's a problem with a quality of service thing, they explain it in their blog post pretty well.

So how do you feel about this addition (if you ever watch/broadcast on twitch?) will you be using it, or just ignore it? Personally i like the idea, and i hope they can make it better quality as time goes on :)
http://blog.twitch.tv/2015/05/new-reduced-stream-delay-beta/

You can enable this option in well... the options (channel and videos).

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
This is awesome, I hate having to wait for like 2-5 minutes after I speak to hear a response in the chat. It makes that time between quite awkward :/ this should be awesome. I think this should be something that you have individually. So, if YOU as a viewer want the 33% reduced you can pick it, whilst others can keep it on the normal. This way you choosing 33% won't hurt the people who cannot handle such things.

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
I wish they would just add a quality button for everyone instead. While the delay can be quite annoying on both ends, it's far more hurtful to a newer channel (but I suppose they aren't catering to newer channels... ) when people leave it because they can't watch the damn video because the guy (or girl) doesn't have enough viewers for the transcoding to kick in. Vicious circle if I ever saw any. >:O

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
This is awesome, I hate having to wait for like 2-5 minutes after I speak to hear a response in the chat. It makes that time between quite awkward :/ this should be awesome. I think this should be something that you have individually. So, if YOU as a viewer want the 33% reduced you can pick it, whilst others can keep it on the normal. This way you choosing 33% won't hurt the people who cannot handle such things.
Haha yeah, they should maybe do that, the problem with that is how they encode the streams and stuff... but when i think about it they could just increase the wait time to fix the issue.

Maybe they will add such functionality in the future, it would be nice.

I wish they would just add a quality button for everyone instead. While the delay can be quite annoying on both ends, it's far more hurtful to a newer channel (but I suppose they aren't catering to newer channels... ) when people leave it because they can't watch the damn video because the guy (or girl) doesn't have enough viewers for the transcoding to kick in. Vicious circle if I ever saw any. >:O
Uhuh, twitch has never been known to cater towards newer channels, they only care about the biggest channels and parterned channels because those drag in the most money >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.