Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

What does it take to become mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasualCastiel

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Today, 20:54
I'm just guessing, but probably the same thing it takes in other forums: being active, helpful, contributing, polite, and not asking how to become a mod. ;)
You might have to sacrifice a hard drive or two to the God Of Computers, too, and gift @Xyphien something blue, just for good measure.

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:54
Generally when it comes to becoming a Mod you have to show yourself dependable to be able to judge/handle situations.
I guess this is the basis of any administrative work. I for example had already been Staff on several of Xyphiens old forums and have known him for a long time, so i would guess he found me appropriate for the situation as i have an huge dislike of messing things up. Well, even if i try not to mess up it happens naturally, Either by sounding to harsh or choosing my wording poorly.

@CasualCastiel showed a lot activity, is pretty darn informative, Positive, Mature yet playful. Some very good traits for a mod ^_^ which is probably why she was asked to be a Mod in Training :)

sage

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 12:54
It takes devotion to the site (as in devoting time), an understanding of the rules (a mod enforces the rules, so they must know them), and a constructive aura that doesn't scare away members.

I for example had already been Staff on several of Xyphiens old forums and have known him for a long time, so ...
Same goes for me. That's how I became staff. I'm always there when he opens a new forum.

...and gift @Xyphien something blue, just for good measure.
This is a very important step to becoming a mod on any of Xyphien's forums.

JYN

God of Gaming
Local time
Today, 23:54
It takes devotion to the site (as in devoting time), an understanding of the rules (a mod enforces the rules, so they must know them), and a constructive aura that doesn't scare away members.
This is a very important step to becoming a mod on any of Xyphien's forums.
✖ Points I've Gathered up in my time on being one and from staff ✖
● Be Active and Stay Active [This is how I got demoted from Mod in Training] ●
● Be kind to one and another, welcome someone new AT ALL TIMES ●
● Devote your time and energy to GameHandout ●

✖ Things you need to take it's place as Mod ✖
● Maturity ●
● Informative ●
● Helpfulness ●
● Creativity ●

I hope I Highlighted some points that I addressed for you.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: