Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

What is your GOTY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxix

God of Gaming
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:38
Today have Golden Joystick Awards announced that The Legend of Zelda, Breath of the wild is the Ultimate game of the year.

I didn't had a chance to play the game but seeing gameplay etc. I think it would've been my GOTY aswell.
The only 2017 game I own is Cuphead, so my personal GOTY is Cuphead.

So what game is your Game of the year?

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 19:38
I'd have to say Player Unknowns Battlegrounds is my pick for the 2017 GOTY. I've dropped so many hours on the game, and it's taken the industry by surprise. It's one of the few indie games that's going to consoles due to the amount of hype for it (Not the only one, but there's a limited amount). Like other popular games it's starting to bring in lots of clones like Fortnite, etc. There's many games like it such as the culling, and H1Z1 mod or w/e however nothing compares to PUBG imo.

Saxix

God of Gaming
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:38
I'd have to say Player Unknowns Battlegrounds is my pick for the 2017 GOTY. I've dropped so many hours on the game, and it's taken the industry by surprise. It's one of the few indie games that's going to consoles due to the amount of hype for it (Not the only one, but there's a limited amount). Like other popular games it's starting to bring in lots of clones like Fortnite, etc. There's many games like it such as the culling, and H1Z1 mod or w/e however nothing compares to PUBG imo.
It's indeed a very nice game, I haven't bought it yet, but I really want it. I don't really know the big diffrence with H1Z1 tho, I haven't played H1Z1, But it is the same game mode, made by the same guy, Why is PUBG better?

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
It's indeed a very nice game, I haven't bought it yet, but I really want it. I don't really know the big diffrence with H1Z1 tho, I haven't played H1Z1, But it is the same game mode, made by the same guy, Why is PUBG better?
I've played almost every hunger games type of game besides the H1Z1 version, so I cannot really answer that to be honest. I can only assume it's because the H1Z1 version is a mod to the game, however PUBG is a standalone, and is 100% focused to that style of gameplay.

TerraFrost

God of Gaming
Local time
I don't really own many 2017's either (R.I.P) but for what I do have I've gotta give my thumbs up for Caveblazers:

- Rogue-like
- Dungeon'y
- Hardcore
- Pixel
- Generally a lot of fun
- Good Replayability

8/10 Difficult Rogue-like. I haven't played much tbh, but for what I have so far, I really enjoyed it!

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:38
I don't really own many 2017's either (R.I.P) but for what I do have I've gotta give my thumbs up for Caveblazers:

- Rogue-like
- Dungeon'y
- Hardcore
- Pixel
- Generally a lot of fun
- Good Replayability

8/10 Difficult Rogue-like. I haven't played much tbh, but for what I have so far, I really enjoyed it!
I havent played many 2017 games, but i do agree, Caveblazers is pretty good, hard too. I love rogue-likes or w.e they're called(terms confuse me), hopefully i'll be able to try Dead Cells one day soon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: