Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

What recording software do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GewoonRobbie

God of Gaming
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:54
I myself use Xsplit due to Splitmedialabs (The owner of Xsplit, Player.me, Challonge, Strexm) gave me a free license for 3 months.
After that I don't know what to use, OBS doesnt work and shadowplay doesnt really do what I want.

Nomec104

God of Gaming
Local time
I myself use Xsplit due to Splitmedialabs (The owner of Xsplit, Player.me, Challonge, Strexm) gave me a free license for 3 months.
After that I don't know what to use, OBS doesnt work and shadowplay doesnt really do what I want.
in the past i tryed camtasia but didnt like it, then i switched to fraps thats good for just recording your game for yourself

GewoonRobbie

God of Gaming
Local time
in the past i tryed camtasia but didnt like it, then i switched to fraps thats good for just recording your game for yourself
Doesnt Fraps have a huge watermark though? I prefer having no watermarks because I want to upload the footage too

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Doesnt Fraps have a huge watermark though? I prefer having no watermarks because I want to upload the footage too
what? no fraps is clean... atleast for me, i dont see any watermarks
The free version of fraps have a 30 second limit and a watermark.. the full version do not.

Personally i use OBS for streaming and Dxtory for recording.

I also have some advanced audio setup where i have my sound running into 3 virtual Soundcards and then i mix them using OBS/Dxtory into seperate audio tracks. So when i edit them later i can raise/lower/mute the volume of each audio track in post process.

GewoonRobbie

God of Gaming
Local time
The free version of fraps have a 30 second limit and a watermark.. the full version do not.

Personally i use OBS for streaming and Dxtory for recording.

I also have some advanced audio setup where i have my sound running into 3 virtual Soundcards and then i mix them using OBS/Dxtory into seperate audio tracks. So when i edit them later i can raise/lower/mute the volume of each audio track in post process.
But sadly OBS doesnt work for me :( It doesnt show the games it just lags out on games. Xsplit works perfectly on it

Xyphien

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 17:54
I use OBS LTE and I personally love it. It has as much features as xplit and everything else as far as I can tell, the only difference is that it's free :D

sage

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 12:54
I use OBS for recording my desktop. It works great for doing Photoshop time lapses.

itsthesherf

God of Gaming
Local time
Today, 17:54
OBS! It's really confusing at first, but I figured it out and once you do, it's a piece of cake. It also helps if you have someone help you set up settings if you're not tech saavy, but I'm sure Google and/or someone on Youtube can be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: