What recording software do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GewoonRobbie

God of Gaming
I myself use Xsplit due to Splitmedialabs (The owner of Xsplit, Player.me, Challonge, Strexm) gave me a free license for 3 months.
After that I don't know what to use, OBS doesnt work and shadowplay doesnt really do what I want.

Nomec104

God of Gaming
I myself use Xsplit due to Splitmedialabs (The owner of Xsplit, Player.me, Challonge, Strexm) gave me a free license for 3 months.
After that I don't know what to use, OBS doesnt work and shadowplay doesnt really do what I want.
in the past i tryed camtasia but didnt like it, then i switched to fraps thats good for just recording your game for yourself

GewoonRobbie

God of Gaming
in the past i tryed camtasia but didnt like it, then i switched to fraps thats good for just recording your game for yourself
Doesnt Fraps have a huge watermark though? I prefer having no watermarks because I want to upload the footage too

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Doesnt Fraps have a huge watermark though? I prefer having no watermarks because I want to upload the footage too
what? no fraps is clean... atleast for me, i dont see any watermarks
The free version of fraps have a 30 second limit and a watermark.. the full version do not.

Personally i use OBS for streaming and Dxtory for recording.

I also have some advanced audio setup where i have my sound running into 3 virtual Soundcards and then i mix them using OBS/Dxtory into seperate audio tracks. So when i edit them later i can raise/lower/mute the volume of each audio track in post process.

GewoonRobbie

God of Gaming
The free version of fraps have a 30 second limit and a watermark.. the full version do not.

Personally i use OBS for streaming and Dxtory for recording.

I also have some advanced audio setup where i have my sound running into 3 virtual Soundcards and then i mix them using OBS/Dxtory into seperate audio tracks. So when i edit them later i can raise/lower/mute the volume of each audio track in post process.
But sadly OBS doesnt work for me :( It doesnt show the games it just lags out on games. Xsplit works perfectly on it

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Knights
I use OBS LTE and I personally love it. It has as much features as xplit and everything else as far as I can tell, the only difference is that it's free :D

sage

Council
Staff member
Council
I use OBS for recording my desktop. It works great for doing Photoshop time lapses.

itsthesherf

God of Gaming
OBS! It's really confusing at first, but I figured it out and once you do, it's a piece of cake. It also helps if you have someone help you set up settings if you're not tech saavy, but I'm sure Google and/or someone on Youtube can be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.